PNW Picnic - SE Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNW Picnic - SE Caravan

Ok, this is just to get a quick list of those of us southeastern guys that are planning on going to the PNW Picnic in June. Hopefully this way we can possibly all meet up at some point and caravan up. If you have already started planning a route up there, map it out on Google Maps and post a link to it to give everybody else an idea of what parts of the country everybody will be going through. I figure if we can get a good number of people from the SE, we can all, hopefully, meet up at some point and caravan.

I'll update this post with a generic map of a good route for people to consider later tonight.

Jon

edit: Map
    I figure this route would give us a chance to go through Dallas and maybe meet up and meet some of the guys there, since there is a LOT of people in Dallas.
    Last edited by PiercedE30; 01-03-2008, 06:07 PM.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

this will be awesome! id like to meet you cats that have the dedication to go cross country just for a show. i promise its worth it though!!

Comment

How long are you planning on staying in PNW? I'd like to chill there around 3-4 days. The drive itself I'd like to get it over with ASAP though.... literally gas, drive, sleep, repeat.

I am still contemplating what I will do. I am thinking of dropping my 2.93 in the vert and taking the vert up to the PNW.
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
        I am still contemplating what I will do. I am thinking of dropping my 2.93 in the vert and taking the vert up to the PNW.
        bring whatever car has my old euro filler on it!!

Comment

Yea, I wasn't planning on only being there for 2 days. I've got a buddy from Seattle who's dad still lives there and races with PCCA, so I was thinking about seeing if he is going to be there in June and seeing what was going on.
          Driving can be a lot of fun, but this is going to be one trip that going between the big cities will HAVE to be short. Changing out rear ends sounds like a good idea. I may have to scrounge up a 3.46 or something.
          My 2.9L Build!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

dude, etas are everywhere... screw power, throw a 2.79/93 and let the good times roll. I do 27mpg on the highway on the turbo car.
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

Yea I know. I might just wait to see what I end up getting with the 4.10's.
              My 2.9L Build!

Comment

i wana go, but i need to save up some $ the plan so far is to go, but i wont know forsure for a few more months.

Comment

Would love to go but car is not final yet and I need a car hauler to hook up behind the f250 and haul several cars out for the gathering. Maybe next year things will be done and able to make a PNW picnic....

Comment

A road trip such as this is definetly an experience I'd love to have under my belt.... so I'm making plans to go... right now it all depends whether it's the vert or the turbo car that is going.

I might have to save two tunes on the MS.. one for fuel economy and one for the track. I'd like to save as much as possible to make sure that I can actually pull off this trip.

I'm starting to plan this out... I will probably leave on a Saturday/Sunday of the week before. If the car is to break down I figure it would happen in the later part of the trip, giving me the chance to overnight parts from KO to wherever the hell I'm stuck at :p

I'm definetly stocking up on water, oil, zip ties, and JB weld. :)

My main concern with the turbo car is A-) Cage and B-) Fixed Corbeau seats

- Erick

Feedback Thread

Comment

Yea, I'm working on getting my eMS hooked up and I should have the car running by next weekend as long as things continue to progress as they are. I'm getting anxious. I doubt I will have my cage in by the picnic, but I will have to carry an extra 4 wheels/tires somewhere.
                      My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Why are you bringing 4 wheels and tires?

Feedback Thread

Comment

I've got some gold Style 5's with stretch that I will be swapping onto once I get up there. I don't want to muck them up on the way.
                          My 2.9L Build!

Comment

I'm so used to changing tires, I'll ride on whatever I got lol

Feedback Thread

Comment

I would be happy to play host for as many days as needed if some one wants to stay in Portland and avoid hotel costs.

Comment

Working...
                              X