X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
      I've been looking at boots. Any particular recommendations? I honestly never really thought about it until someone mentioned it to me the other day.

The jeans are some of those Kevlar-reinforced ones, but now that I'm wearing "nice" pants to work every day I have proper riding pants.
      Aah. I've seen those - I know draggin jeans makes them, and they have optional armor you can insert into them. I think the armor is as important (if not more in low speed situations) as the abrasion resistance. falling down with 500lbs on your hip just plain sucks.

As for boots, I might not be of much help. I went nuts and bought a streetguard 3 suit, gortex "summer" gloves, and gortex bmw boots (the ones with the exoskeleton). I probably went overboard on the boots, but if I ever go down I'll probably not regret the expense.
      Last edited by u3b3rg33k; 05-16-2012, 08:09 AM.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
        I've been looking at boots. Any particular recommendations? I honestly never really thought about it until someone mentioned it to me the other day.

The jeans are some of those Kevlar-reinforced ones, but now that I'm wearing "nice" pants to work every day I have proper riding pants.
        Try on icon's new Elsinore boots. You'll hate me afterwards bc you'll feel obligated to purchase them.
        You gonna be at rockers reunion this weekend?

Originally posted by Ryan...
        It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

I have a pair of these: http://www.oxtar-boots.com/ss.html

I bought them at least 5 years ago. They have about 50,000 miles
          of riding on them now. The Velcro is failing (as it would on any equipment
          that has been opened & closed so many time), but otherwise they are
          still doing great.

I think Oxtar changed the company name to TCS or TCX now, which
          used to be the model designator.

They do have a tendency to squeak, but a little DuPont Teflon Multilube
          sprayed where the parts pivot &/or slide solves that (on any boot or shoe).

I still have my old pair of original Hi-Point motocross boots with the leather
          strap & pin style buckles - a little tight, but they work (I did have to use some
          steel wool on the rust though).

Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.
          Last edited by Mark 42; 05-16-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I just bondo-ed the tank and painted it with chalkboard paint. also painted the exhaust! looks... better

Comment

If the paint doesn't hold up to the elements, Krylon makes
              a set of cammo paints (ultra flat). Not sure it is better, but
              has worked for me so far.

Comment

I, too, am almost done with the new paint. Have to wet sand the bleed spots but I'm diggin it. I know it's not everyone's flavor but I like the old weathered look.

It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                  Try on icon's new Elsinore boots. You'll hate me afterwards bc you'll feel obligated to purchase them.
                  You gonna be at rockers reunion this weekend?
                  Hmm, I'll have to check them out. And no, I'm actually working for Chrysler this summer so I'm up in Auburn Hills, MI working on some top-secret shit.

Paint is pretty cool, BTW. It's a nice break from the ubiquitous checkers.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by SpyHunter View Post
                    My new hog.

1980 KZ440. Great little bike.

Titties

what a fine looking bike.
                    Originally Posted by ACMF74
                    i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

so i rode to work today for the first time this year. 30 min on the highway.

everything was fine. when i reached about halfway the baffles inside the muffler flew out. SOOO FUCKING LOUD. all the other drivers were pissed.

o well, now whenever i floor it, flames shoot out

Comment

lol nice. Something similar happened to me in my 2002 once. I could see people ahead of me turning around in their seats it was so loud.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Havent rode her in a week...longest 7 days ever lol
                          -Frank
                          1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                          1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                          2001 525i

Comment

1962 Honda CA77

"Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Almost done with her...

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                                Almost done with her...
                                I really dig it! Just the right amount of rattiness!

Comment

Working...
                                X