No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Steel Bodywork Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garey, shoot me a list of what you need, I can ship out tuesday.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
      Garey, shoot me a list of what you need, I can ship out tuesday.
      PM sent, thanks L...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post

Keen observers will also notice the DEI micro relay boxes on the trans tunnel... I did the E38/9 window switch mod, with both windows controlled by the second detente on the drivers switch. It's a pretty slick mod and pretty easy to do and is really cool to be able to drop both windows at the same time from the drivers switch.
        Any details on this? I've never heard of it

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
          Any details on this? I've never heard of it
          Sure, here's a link to a DIY...

Garey

Comment

Updates???
            sigpic
            Justin Angelli
            1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

Haha... I wish I had some. I have been working on it here and there, but not much to show for it. Just have not had much extra time, lately. I did get my fuel filler situation hammered out and should have some pics of that soon, as well as some interior trim pieces completed to show...

Garey

Comment

Garey,

How's it going, mate? Any progress to report? Living vicariously through you until I can start my resto project this winter. Hope all is well!!
                Originally posted by LJ851
                kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                #teamross
                Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                  Garey,

How's it going, mate? Any progress to report? Living vicariously through you until I can start my resto project this winter. Hope all is well!!
                  Hey man, I'm still just working on it, when I have time. All the little detail things take a tremendous amount of time, since a lot has to be made from scratch or modified. I should have some photos for the weekend, though. I have been waiting on my new side marker lights to arrive. The fronts were NLA for a while, but a fresh order of fronts just arrived from Germany on Monday, so I should have them soon. This was holding up my paintwork on the rest of the "soft" body pieces, since I didn't know if I would have to close in the marker light locations in the bumpers, if I could not get the new marker lights...

Garey

Comment

I read all 66 pages.. the word 'inspiring' doesn't even start to describe your work!

I really hope to see this car tearing around some central PA roads soon.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                      I read all 66 pages.. the word 'inspiring' doesn't even start to describe your work!

I really hope to see this car tearing around some central PA roads soon.
                      Hey thanks man, I appreciate that! It'll be out on the road soon...

Garey

Comment

Garey,

Your car has ruined my ability to just tinker around with a car. Now I'm finding myself constantly thinking about my car and wondering 'What would Garey do'?
                        Originally posted by LJ851
                        kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                        ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                        #teamross
                        Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Has the car been driven yet?! We need moar pictures!

And how is that wilwood clutch/brake pedal setup workin out? im thinking about getting the same one.
                          Fuck you buddy

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                            Garey,

Your car has ruined my ability to just tinker around with a car. Now I'm finding myself constantly thinking about my car and wondering 'What would Garey do'?
                            Sorry man, that wasn't my intention... If I would have known it was going to affect you that way, I'd have never even started building it...

Not, lol! Thanks man! I can always count on a good kudos post from you...

Originally posted by gooseadrian View Post
                            Has the car been driven yet?! We need moar pictures!

And how is that wilwood clutch/brake pedal setup workin out? im thinking about getting the same one.
                            I've not "driven" it yet, just moved it around a bit and a couple of tire spins in the shop. The pedal setup feels good, but again, I've not even bedded in the pads yet, so not much feedback on pedal effort/feel so far. Right now, I'm concentrating on getting all of the trim pieces painted and getting the interior panels made or modified. Not much to show for it, though... most of the stuff is just in process...

Garey
                            Last edited by bmwmech1; 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Nice work on those door panels Garey! I'm getting antsy to see this thing all finished up. Maybe I'll stop by sometime in the next week or two, to check it out.

Did you find a kick panel yet? I think I have a couple black plastic ones kicking around... (lame pun intended).
                              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                              e30 restoration and V8 swap
                              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Three days without an update is too much! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X