No announcement yet.

Global Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think George is actually a spambot from whatsupwiththat. He just spams random links with "raw data" (except it's not raw, it's cherry picked and skewed) showing whatever it is they want him to believe.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

He sure knows how to keep fuckin' that chicken. Like a bawss.

Comment

I wonder why when I visited Iceland in 2013, all of my photos of the same glaciers I took pictures of when I visited in 2001 showed significantly smaller and receded glaciers. One of the glaciers has receded more in the past 10 years than the previous 100. Ice core data shows no other time in earth's history that that rate of rapid ice loss has occurred...ever. Explain to me why George?
        sigpic

Comment

It's Obama's fault
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
            I wonder why when I visited Iceland in 2013, all of my photos of the same glaciers I took pictures of when I visited in 2001 showed significantly smaller and receded glaciers. One of the glaciers has receded more in the past 10 years than the previous 100. Ice core data shows no other time in earth's history that that rate of rapid ice loss has occurred...ever. Explain to me why George?
            Because Jeebus wanted it this way.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

1 million more square miles of ice due to global warming, as predicted
              Find all the latest news on the environment and climate change from the Telegraph. Including daily emissions and pollution data.
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Everyone knows Al Gore invented global warming. Also manbearpig is real guys.
                1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Talk to someone who rejects the conclusions of climate science and you’ll likely hear some variation of the following: “That’s all based on models, and you can make a model say anything you want.” Often, they'll suggest the models don't even have a solid foundation of data to work with—garbage in, garbage out, as the old programming adage goes. But how many of us (anywhere on the opinion spectrum) really know enough about what goes into a climate model to judge what comes out?

Climate models are used to generate projections showing the consequences of various courses of action, so they are relevant to discussions about public policy. Of course, being relevant to public policy also makes a thing vulnerable to the indiscriminate cannons on the foul battlefield of politics.

Skepticism is certainly not an unreasonable response when first exposed to the concept of a climate model. But skepticism means examining the evidence before making up one’s mind. If anyone has scrutinized the workings of climate models, it’s climate scientists—and they are confident that, just as in other fields, their models are useful scientific tools. [continued]

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    This is for the all the news that the lamestream media won't print, and the 97% consensus (LOL) can't explain, other than global warming causes cooling (wrap your head around that logic)

#1 Who would have guessed tht in 1975 the 97% consensus was that the globe was cooling? http://www.denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm

#2 Forbes magazine http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfer...oling-is-here/

more as I find them
                    Um, so why did you start a new thread? Needing attention? Feeling the need to break into fresh landscape since all of your lame arguments have already been put down in "Global Warming is over"?: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=226743

Did the Heartland Institute magically become a trusted source for scientific thought? Or did you get forget that Peter Ferrara is a director there?

"Lamestream media" won't print the scientific conclusions of the Heartland Institute? Maybe they have standards. Forbes doesn't.

glad to see the usual suspects hyperventilating

Mr Q, bringing up James Hansen as a credible source on anything, and dismissing Fred Singer as a skeptic shows your bias. James Hansen is a biased agenda driven psuedo scientist.

more raw data showing no warming, and cooling
                    http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/08/2...se/#more-92466
                    So once again, you hate on a NASA scientist and instead favor someone who dropped out of college? Seriously dude? Is this just your warped George logic at work? Or just like whoever tells you what you want to hear?

1 million more square miles of ice due to global warming, as predicted
                    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...cientists.html
                    Actually, yes.

UPDATE: (06/09/12)
                    Around 80% of the ~100 scientists at the Bjerknes conference thought that there would be MORE Arctic sea-ice in 2013, compared to 2012
                    Why? It has a bit to do with the fact that 2012 was a record low and a think you like to mention a bit, regression towards the mean.

The reason so many climate scientists predicted more ice this year than last is quite simple. There's a principle in statistics known as "regression toward the mean," which is the phenomenon that if an extreme value of a variable is observed, the next measurement will generally be less extreme. In other words, we should not often expect to observe records in consecutive years. 2012 shattered the previous record low sea ice extent; hence 'regression towards the mean' told us that 2013 would likely have a higher minimum extent.

Oh well, it's very sad seeing all the ignorant people obsess over the headline number while completely disregarding the long-term trend. But people like George like to cherry pick and skew their perspective so their observed reality mirrors their opinion, rather than being informed. It's also sad that Faux News and other pretend news sources parrot the statistic without caring to give it context properly...

Only someone who is clueless about trends would focus on the YoY to the red dot while disregarding the blue line...

Comment

forbes - what a joke.

are they owned by the Koch brothers or something?

I was actually thinking, thank god - if this year is much better than last year, there's hope. but then you look at the long term trend line. damn.

George won't believe it even if sea level rise has the pacific ocean lapping at his doorstop.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

well it seems climate data is diverging from the global warming hypothesis
                        Guest essay by Christopher Monckton As soon as the BBC/Maslowski forecast of no sea ice in the Arctic summer by 2013 has been disproven (see countdown on right sidebar), WUWT will need another coun…

"Though the IPCC projects that the world should have warmed by 0.20 Cº (2.33 Cº/century) since 2005, the mean of the RSS and UAH satellite datasets shows cooling of 0.02 Cº (0.22 Cº/century). The predicted and actual trends are visibly diverging. Solar physicists expect significant cooling in the coming decades. If they are right, the divergence will become more than merely embarrassing."

how inconvenient
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So, tell me - do you get paid for every link you post to that blog?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It's a conspiracy, now the conspiracists and skeptics are actually taking the time to make ice to prove the earth isn't warming. I wonder if they are uising hybrid Prius style ships to drop the ice off?

Comment

wonder what heeters trend line looked like at the end of that last ice age.............
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                                It's a conspiracy, now the conspiracists and skeptics are actually taking the time to make ice to prove the earth isn't warming. I wonder if they are uising hybrid Prius style ships to drop the ice off?
                                Lots and LOTS of freezers, fridges and dump trucks.
                                To keep the ice cold, hundreds, possibly thousands of airconditioners were set up. They're powered by revving Volts with voltage converters.
                                Quite the effort. "Problem" solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X