No announcement yet.

Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The VA shutting down, no federal backed loans, no VA loans, no IRS audits, museams and parks close, 400k civilian defense workers....

We wont notice it at our office, but my friends in the park service on furlough sure do.

There are several articles like this currently:

"66. What about the stock market? The Standard & Poor's 500 fell 3.7% during the 1995-96 government shutdown, according to S&P Capital IQ. Stocks quickly rebounded after the government got back to work, rising 10.5% the month after the shutdown ended."

Seems like a good way for your rich buddies to make some extra cash in the market, at the expense of the american tax-payers. Of course, money doesn't motivate congress at all, this is about 'sending a message'.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      That's not a convincing argument: that's just arguing semantics. most of our military spending is not essential but it won't shut down. Do you think the FAA should shut down? Meat factory inspectors?
      Yes, it is tongue-in-cheek.

insert *lighten up francis* gif
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        yes, it is tongue-in-cheek.

Insert *lighten up francis* gif
        :p

Comment

Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

and they still get payed, I guess we voted for this right?
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

It is a win-win for the GOP. Defund obamacare or shut the government down. Either way, less government. Way to go fucktards.
              On a side note me and three families are scrambling to change our camping plans for the weekend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                It is a win-win for the GOP. Defund obamacare or shut the government down. Either way, less government. Way to go fucktards.
                On a side note me and three families are scrambling to change our camping plans for the weekend.
                Just go open the gates up. WW2 vets opened up the memorial in DC.

There is no good reason open air national parks and memorials should be shut down. Especially when congress is still getting paid their six figure income. None whatsoever.
                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

it is a win-win for the gop. Defund obamacare or shut the government down. Either way, less government. Way to go fucktards.
                  BUY & bring bolt cutters. Then return after the weekend.
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Sooo is the NSA still spying on us or did they get sent home too?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      I really feel like this is all one big dog and pony show, they are using this as a distraction form something else, or as a cover for something else. What I dont know, I have been too busy to keep up with anything but work
                      This ^

For those of you that haven't seen it go on youtube and search "october surprise" everything is making sense now. The shutdown has a lot to do with another false flag IMO.
                      IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                        Sooo is the NSA still spying on us or did they get sent home too?
                        Nope they continue with business as usual
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Easy there...

(AP) House to vote on reopening national parksBy ANDREW TAYLORAssociated PressWASHINGTONHouse and Senate Democrats say they'll reject a bid by Republicans |
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                            So the GOP wants to fund only the things people notice or get pissed about being closed. Dont you think perhaps they are doing that to prevent backlash against their action of shutting the government down? They're just hurting their own party.
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

So the GOP wants to fund only the things people notice or get pissed about being closed. Dont you think perhaps they are doing that to prevent backlash against their action of shutting the government down? They're just hurting their own party.

They were just trying to look after you and your vacation :) Because they care!
                                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X