No announcement yet.

how's the Bend car scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your from california, might want to ask your local government if its ok to use the road system first and get your permission slipped signed lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

so basically the oregon car scene is shitty, bend is shitty, and gtfo?

Comment

my ex's cousin (solid 9/10) and her bf were/are from Bend. He always had some weird isuzu or mitsubishi 4wd truck from the 80's. Then he got a diesel '87 F250 or something. It was always weird shit. She had a 90's Ford tempo. Whatever. Their cars sucked.

I grew up in San Jose and subsequently left because of housing costs. MattB found an apt in his area with a high of 2500.. that's starting price for a passing-as-decent 2br apt in the south bay.

I live in new england now and love it. No matter whether you're liberal or conservative or gun loving or drive a prius, you'll find a way to be happy. And to hate people who aren't like you. It's the perfect mix.

Either way I would not live anywhere in Oregon because it's too depressing and trite. Washington state, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Vermont.. anywhere but Oregon

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
          my ex's cousin (solid 9/10) and her bf were/are from Bend. He always had some weird isuzu or mitsubishi 4wd truck from the 80's. Then he got a diesel '87 F250 or something. It was always weird shit. She had a 90's Ford tempo. Whatever. Their cars sucked.

I grew up in San Jose and subsequently left because of housing costs. MattB found an apt in his area with a high of 2500.. that's starting price for a passing-as-decent 2br apt in the south bay.

I live in new england now and love it. No matter whether you're liberal or conservative or gun loving or drive a prius, you'll find a way to be happy. And to hate people who aren't like you. It's the perfect mix.

Either way I would not live anywhere in Oregon because it's too depressing and trite. Washington state, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Vermont.. anywhere but Oregon
          Yea i have no idea why people move to Oregon. I mean im not saying they should all move to washington. But Vancouver is waaaaaaaay better. just across the river. Streets are 3-5 cars wide. Way less crime, better school, no traffic, ever. Unless your going to oregon, or a massive wreck. Good car scene, lots of mature e30 and bmw peeps.

and we don't have red door meet, the true abomination of the oregon car scene...

Comment

I have lived in bend for almost 17 years Here is a quick overview.

I need to make this point very clear, you should only move to bend if you are going to fit in exactly. Most everyone who lives in bend is extremely into recreation. Skiing, mountain biking, camping, fishing, rafting, hiking, climbing , you name it bend has it. Those are the reasons to move to bend. (How could I forget beer and pot.) There is a small car scene. I know of someone personally in bend who races PRO-3 has multiple E30s and is pretty into the whole scene. There are people around but the roads are so shitty. Espically if you actually go into the city of bend. Potholes everywhere. My e30 is by no means slammed and it scrapes around town. Also it has never been a problem before, but with so many people moving here the traffic is starting to get bad. Not California bad, but still. Next to bend (about 10-15 minutes) is a smaller growing town called Redmond, things are cheaper there, but the town is still growing nicely. In Redmond there is more of a car scene. Redmond is less recreational. I live in bend and go to school in Redmond. Expect to see 8096 lifted trucks per car. That is the type of place Redmond is. That being said the roads aren't as bad and there is definitely more of a car scene there. If you said you had a WRX you will fit in. Bend is full of them. So I guess if you consider that a car scene than there is one, but there is just no variety. All subies.

Oh I feel I should also make it clear that I do not like living in bend and can't wait to get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

well there you have it, even the residents hate.

the 2 times i visited, it was "Wtf is this place" city roads was like a game dodging pothole, and in areas it was a ghost town. and super super hot....and dry and dusty

Comment

I spend a couple weeks in Bend each winter for snowboarding. It's definitely a rural town vibe that is filling up with well off hipsters. The whole area shuts down pretty early at night, your shopping is limited, and aside from sports there is nothing to do. It's a great place to visit, but I think it would be a shitty place to live.

Fwiw Californians aren't well received north of California. You'll be the butt of a lot of jokes.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I personally happen to dislike bend, but for the most part everyone who lives here loves it. I'm not sure how long it has been since you guys talking have been to bend, but if it was any longer than 3 years ago then you will have no idea what Bend is like today. It has changed and grown so fast. Its not rural at all anymore. Many of the things as stated about bend in this thread just aren't true. Its simple if you are super into the outdoors and beer then bend is for you. You should come up and visit. The idea of the city you have in your head from this thread is probably not anything like what Bend actually is.

Edit-Yes they salt the roads, yes it fucks up your car. Also just so you know the snow is no joke here. This last 2016-2017 winter we had up to 4ft of the snow on the ground at once.

Comment

I have and work 2 gold claims in Baker Oregon, I sometimes go through Bend for a more scenic way there, i know my experiences to be true. Maybe we see the stuff differently from you

Comment

I happen to love Bend, my sister and her family have lived there for several years, lots of friends there and I ski there every year. It is absolutely beautiful there, a picturesque mountain town on a river flowing with great beer and beautiful women. It is however an expensive place to live and you cannot drive your e30 year round. A lot of the stereotypes are true about hipsters and boarders and name brand plaid shirts but we all drive e30s, how much more trendy can you get?
                      1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
                      2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
                      2003 X5 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by MacBudd541 View Post
                        I happen to love Bend, my sister and her family have lived there for several years, lots of friends there and I ski there every year. It is absolutely beautiful there, a picturesque mountain town on a river flowing with great beer and beautiful women. It is however an expensive place to live and you cannot drive your e30 year round. A lot of the stereotypes are true about hipsters and boarders and name brand plaid shirts but we all drive e30s, how much more trendy can you get?

Wait hold on a second, did you just say you can't drive your e30 year round in bend? I drove my e30 all last winter on all season tires. The only days I couldn't drive is when the snow was higher than my clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                          Wait hold on a second, did you just say you can't drive your e30 year round in bend? I drove my e30 all last winter on all season tires. The only days I couldn't drive is when the snow was higher than my clearance.
                          Yeah, that's what I said. And you just said there was days you couldn't drive either. Not all of us drive stock e30s we just throw all seasons on for the winter.
                          1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
                          2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
                          2003 X5 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by MacBudd541 View Post
                            Yeah, that's what I said. And you just said there were days you couldn't drive either. Not all of us drive stock e30s that we just throw all seasons on for the winter.
                            I don't drive any of my E30s during the winter...that's what my beater E46 and Suburban are for!!!
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Lol at "Bend isn't rural".
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                                Lol at "Bend isn't rural".

lol at

Last edited by J Mid; 08-14-2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X