F/S 1989 325i Track/Street Ready California Shell **Price reduced!**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F/S 1989 325i Track/Street Ready California Shell **Price reduced!**

After a long discussion with my self, I have decided to put my beloved E30 for sale. Please first look at all the included pictures. I have included the entire parts/features list as well as a short history/review of the car below.

Thanks for looking!

1989 BMW 325i
    190,xxx miles

Exterior
    OEM I Front Valence (no I lip) with brake ducts
    Bosch French Yellow High beams (not wired, not working)
    OEM IS Trunk Wing
    Damage to passenger side fender, valence, and bumper indicated in pictures

Interior:
    Sparco Pro 2000 Driver's Seat
    Custom Driver's side seat rail with sparco sliers (sit's very low)
    No passenger seat included in sale (All mounting equipment and sliders for a Sparco or any bottom mounted seat included in sale)
    Sabelt Harness (unknown year)
    Momo Champion Steering Wheel
    Crack-Free Dash, door panels, transmission panel, and instrument panels
    Factory Radio (works 75% of time,picks up static sometimes)
    Custom CNC'd shift knob mated to Z4 shifter
    Autopower 4 point bolt in roll cage
    Rear seat backrest removed, lower bench left for rear seat storage purposes
    OEM Carpet removed, sound deadenig/tar removed, replaced with custom single layer carpet.
    Adjuster knob for blower motor missing (still adjustable by hand)
    Oil Pressure Guage (needs calibration)
    Manual crank sunroof
    Custom CNC'd dead pedal and throttle pedal
    Custom CNC'd door lock pins

Drivetrain:
    Custom Z4 Shifter with replaced bushings
    OEM Getrag Transmission and OEM Clutch (trans fluid recently flushed, no grinds and no slips)
    OEM IS 3.73 LSD (locks up great)
    IE Differential Bushings

Engine:
    Bavarian Auto Chip (tuned for 93 octane, increased rev limit to 7,000, supposed increase of 15 HP... doubtful)
    Random fitting filter on OEM AFM
    Throttle body coolant line re-route
    Ireland Engineering Cat-back

Chassis:
    IE Subframe bushings (front and rear)
    IE Motor mounts
    IE "M3" offset control arm bushings
    IE Sway bar kit front and rear with new bushings and endlinks
    IE front strut tower bar
    Custom CNC'd rear strut tie brace
    Z3 remanufactured steering rack (2.9 turns lock to lock, shortest compatible offering)
    Z3 inner/outer tie rods

Suspension/Brakes:
    Front:
    Koni Yellow Inserts
    IE 3 Progressive Springs (315lbs)
    IE 3 Fixed Camber plate
    IE 3 "E90"" drop hats (lowers car by 1 inch)
    Cetnric Steel Rotors
    Carbotech XP10 Pads
    Near new OEM Pads included
    Stainless Steel braided lines
    ATE Super Blue Fluid (will include NEW bottle with purchase! )

Rear:
    Koni Yellow damper (bottom adjustable )
    IE3 Progressive Springs (570 lbs)
    Centric Steel Rotor
    Carbotech XP08 Pads (1-2 track days remaining)
    Near new OEM pads included

Wheels/Tires:
    Front Turner Motorsport 75mm front wheel stud and 40mm rear studs
    Gorilla Steel open ended lug nut
    BLOX Gold Aluminum open ended lug nuts also included
    Enkei 92 (15x8 +25 with a 15mm front spacer and 08mm rear, no rub in-board or out-board)
    Toyo RA1 205/50/15 Tires (still have slight tread remaining, plenty of dry use, rain/wet racing not recommended)
    BMW 14x6 Basketweaves (Included in sale, does not have usable tires. New 14in tires will be purchased and installed as rollers at new owner's request and cost)
    **2 Additional 225/45/15 BF Goodrich G-Force Rival tires with over 60% tread remaining will also be included in sale if buyer wishes

Additional:
    -Sparco floor mounted rails and sliders for any bottom mounted seats
    -14in basket weaves with very worn tires, new tires will be bought and mounted at buyers request and expense
    - 2 225/45/15 BF Goodrich Rivals with 60% tread remaining

The story:
    The first owner of this car, who kept the car for the majority of the mileage that it has, was an incredibly passionate enthusiast. He was a CNC machinist by trade which explains the odd "custom" part here and there. He documented every single part and service performed on the car, a tradition I have maintained during my ownership. A THICK folder with all the documentation of service and after-market parts will be included. A middle buyer brought the car over from California to the midwest. It mainly sat in his garage however during his ownership, an unfortunate accident caused the body damage to the front passenger's side/ front bumper. I am the third owner.

I have owned this car for nearly three years and for each of those years I have dedicated my time, money, and sweat to making sure it performed as good as it did when I purchased it. It is a California chassis with ZERO body rust. Obviously, it has never been driven through any salt and has been garage kept it's entire life even before my ownership. The rocker panels are quite bent unfortunately from excessive jack usage. I bought this car as both a fun weekend car and a part-time HPDE car and for both those functions this car has performed brilliantly. It has the right amount of analog and the right amount of vintage for my preferences. I hope the next buyer will appreciate the car the same way I have.

On the street, with the shocks turned a bit softer, it has a steady compression and with the progressive springs an arguably comfortable ride over mild bumps. The front end is not "stanced" or tucking tire, it has plenty of ground clearance and I have never had fear for my oil pan being damaged. To me, it's a fantastic reminder of how much I value simplicity in driving. The steering feel of the short ratio Z3 rack is sensational and the upgraded tires help the car rotate smoothly and predictably.

On the track it is phenomenal. The combination of the Carbotech pads, brake ducting, stainless lines, and high temp fluid with this lightweight body mean that I have NEVER experienced any form of brake pedal fade or fluid boil. My favorite part of HPDE is to push braking zones later and later and this car EASILY gives me the confidence to do so. I have intentionally disabled the ABS, so please do keep that in mind if you learned on a car with ABS. Though the M20 is not fast by any means, the short 3.73 gear ratio, LSD, slick or semi-slick tires and track pads create a great package for the entry level road racer to learn key driving fundamentals, and push those very same fundamentals towards mastery. Below are a few videos of a recent track event I attended at Mid-Ohio (apologies for the poor sound quality).

Chasing down and passing an Elise on R888s!M20. Toyo RA1s.

One of the sessions from Labor Days event. FIrst time using GoPro, apologize for horrid sound quality, did not have external mic.I like to pretend that I ke...

Ideally, I'd like this car to go to someone like me, who appreciates classic vehicles and wants to get seat time on a track. I do not NEED to or want to sell this car, but I am exploring other options and feel that the car is perfect the way it is and I do not want to ruin it's balance with the modifications to increase its performance. I realize that the asking price is rather high for a car this old, with this many miles, but I believe the car's condition, mileage, and heritage warrant it.

As such, I am asking $6000 or your best offer for the car and everything included.

The car is currently on OEM 14in wheels, but will also be sold as shown in the pictures with the Enkei 92 and Toyo RA1 combination.

Thank you for your time reading through this long post, I look forward to speaking with prospective buyers. Please respond by EMAIL or PM.

EugeneKim1987@gmail.com

Regards,

Eugene Kim
    Last edited by Oojin; 01-30-2015, 06:25 AM.

GLWS Great looking car with great mods. Great Ad too!

Comment

Thanks speedracer 2002,

Writing this whole post brought back so many great memories. I hope someone else can buy this and make their own too

Comment

Great car for the track. Puts a smile on my face everytime I am on the track. GLWS
        1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
        1990 e30 325is
        1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

bump

Comment

VERY clean car. good luck to you sir.
            sigpic

Comment

bump bump bump!!

Comment

Bump with new price

Comment

Wish I was closer, would purchase. GLWS

Comment

bump!

Comment

still for sale!

Comment

Nice ride

Nice ride, glws

Comment

Thanks GTLou, another Michigander!

Comment

What gas pedal is that? Looks perfect for heal and toe. GLWS!

**edit just saw it was custom.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X