1989 325IX Kansas City $1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325IX Kansas City $1800

Okay, I need to make some space in my garage for my newly acquired '76 2002. This was my project car that i bought a while back and has been kept in my garage ever since.

I bought the car with a Broken timing belt that turned out to need so much head work I bought a rebuilt head for it instead. I have also done a complete upper end gasket set, a new timing belt (not a cheap one), a new water pump, a refurb OE starter, a new battery (about two weeks old now) and a few oil changes.

I am at my wits end with this car... everything looked good while going back together but when i started the car it had no oil pressure. So we found out with help from here that I can spin the oil pump with a drill in order to prime the motor. With a drill i was able to get oil to come out of the head. I put it back together and then started the car and there's no oil making its way to the head or if there is its a small amount.

Besides the rust under the license plate and a half dollar size under the passenger floor board the car is really clean. There is a dent in the passenger door and a dent in the front lip of the hood, however I have a matching paint replacement door and hood that are clean of rust and dents. The interior is in pretty good shape with the exception of it missing the drivers kick panel and there is a three inch section in the drivers seat where the vinyl is separating at the seams. the steering wheel is a three spoke with a chunk in the rubber on the top. I think it has 210k on the odometer but will have to recheck tomorrow.

This car will run and drive but I would not drive it any longer than getting it on a trailer.

The car will come with bottle caps with some good tread left on them. I will be getting fresh pictures as soon as i throw the hood back on and get it outside. but here are some from before the project started. http://imgur.com/a/erVws

I wasn't really sure what to price this at so I asked around and people said that I should be around 2k. Im negotiable on the price and would really like to get this space back so I can start on my new project. I may consider trades of either photography gear or car stuff (turbo m10 parts or an s50 or a csl) maybe a bike. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by joeythekid031; 01-19-2015, 08:14 PM.

This would be so rad to own. GLWS

Comment

Bump, Get this thing out of my garage!!! Ill take $1500 for it without the hood and door.

Comment

Why would you sell it with out the hood and door? Is it a stick? Where in Kansas City is it?
        Current
        99 328i (Sold)
        91 318is M50B25TU
        89 325ix (Parted out)
        87 325is (Parted out)
        95 525i (Parted Motor for 91 318is)

Comment

The extra door and hood. Really I don't need the door as it wont fit my ic but the good hood will. I'm in Shawnee.

Comment

Pm'd

Comment

Still for sale!

Comment

All pm's replied to.

Comment

I understand that you're not asking an arm and a leg for the car, but don't you think that a couple more pics might help? Is everyone supposed to guess how bad the rust is? How good/bad the interior is? It's impossible to tell if this is a good deal or not, to be honest. Just my $.02. GLWS

Comment

Fair enough, it was warm enough today that i was able to get it outside to take pictures. Here is an album i just took. Ignore the watermark, i forgot to change my settings in lightroom. I also forgot to put the kidney back in, it will come with a chrome one.

There is more rust than i remember under the rear bumper so I'm dropping the pice by $100.

Comment

Some one bring me $1300 for this thing!!!

Comment

bummer you weren't closer. I would put the engine from my '90iX in it
                        FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
                        Saab/GM tech2 programming
                        My for sale thread
                        1990 325iX for sale or part out
                        Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
                        And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Come get it lol.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I want to come look at it tonight. I have cash.
                              Current
                              99 328i (Sold)
                              91 318is M50B25TU
                              89 325ix (Parted out)
                              87 325is (Parted out)
                              95 525i (Parted Motor for 91 318is)

Comment

Working...
                              X