2jzgte+ 85 325e= Possible/cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2jzgte+ 85 325e= Possible/cheap?

Hey everyone. Im new to this site and i had a question and i thought that yall could help me out. I am about to/may by a nice 1985 325e for 300 dollars. The engine has around 95 thousand on it and it runs good. I was just wondering could i swap a 2jzgte into it. And would it be somewhat cheap. The reason I was wondering if a 2jzgte could fit in it was because i can get my hands on one for pretty cheap and i know it doesn't take alot to get power out of them.I have no knowlegde on Bmw's nor do i know about any engine swaps that would be better. I also did a search to see if it has been discussed before but nothing really came up.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

P.S. If a 2jzgte isn't a good idea, is the 1jzgte a good one. Or if neither is, which is a good swap. :D

The SR20 Swap is do-able and has a few pluses. It has information on it more so then a toyota powerplant into the e30 that I know about.

A 2jzgte engine would be more pricey then the SR20 starting with just the engine, getting it into an E30 chassis ontop of that would be more then the SR20 swap buy a few thousand I'm guessing.

If you have the cheap parts around you go for it. If you don't have any knowledge of performing and engine swap, a shop may be the best bet, but they will charge alot of money for the labor because of the stature of the toyota high performance engine.

If you want a cheap alternative, and sticking with a BMW engine, a M50/S50 is a really popular choice. If you want to learn more start reading up why, start with reading through the 26 pages of the Comprehensive DOHC thread at the top of this section [Engine & Drivetrain Swaps]. This is what I'm going to do with my 84 325e this summer, for about $3,000 you can pull off the M50 swap by yourself.

But remember your going to want to upgrade alot of things if you want alot of power. Best of luck with your search for speed. Anything is possible if you have the $$$.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

If you can get the engine cheap, it still won't be very cheap in the long run, and it sure will be a time consuming/hard swap. But it is possible. I know either a 1jz or a 2jz (not sure which) has been done in an E30 once.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Thanks for the great replies. And you live pretty close to me. I live in mesa, just moved here from connecticut. I saw an sr20 for 1100 including every needed to install it. So i may think about it. Then again i got to get the car first lol.

Comment

someone on this board has a 2jz i belive... maybe someone will know his name
          98 M3/4/5

Comment

randomtask37, i also thought someone on this forum did the swap and i was hoping to get some input from them. I think i saw an 325e with the swap go on ebay for 3k. But anyway does anyone know what his handle is?

Comment

E30-323ti has a 1jz

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrizzle
                I saw an sr20 for 1100 including every needed to install it. So i may think about it. Then again i got to get the car first lol.
                That's a rip off. You can get a VE for $200 more.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                Strictly Eta

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
                  E30-323ti has a 1jz
                  With 218 rwKw .. it goes very well!

Comment

Stop watching Fast and the Furious!!

Just kidding, good luck with the swap if you decide to do it! :)
                    1988 325iC - "Betty" - Daily Driver/Project Car.
                    1993 318i - "The Golden Dream" - Dad's Car.
                    1995 318ti - "Hellrot" - R.I.P.

Comment

the sr20det is a very potential motor and high horsepower can be made with very little money being droped in it
                      JDM no more

Comment

2JZGTE+E30

Maybe this link might be of some help;)

Am in the process of the exact conversion atm... As E30-323ti will tell you, it isn't a simple drop in conversion though...
                        E30 BMW + 2JZGTE
                        www.cardomain.com/id/BMWTurbo

Comment

i know 323ti's conversion needed a custom driveshaft....custom radiator as its a big engine....its a farking quick car! 292 RWHP :D
                          JUNGL3

1990 "333i" Sport

Comment

im sure that with the money he spent he could have got tcds kit and had 290hp and had some extra $$
                            JDM no more

Comment

i personally like the sr20det. Ive drove a few and im in love with them!

Comment

Working...
                              X