Haven't whored the 318 in awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
    I just used a baseball bat and a hairdryer to roll the fenders. I didn't have to do a crazy job, just needed a little more clearance. I took off a fair amount of paint, but none is visible and I don't care.

I'm on Ground Control springs/perches with Bilstein Sports, and they are 15x7 et22 wheels.
    a little more clearance, is that just cause of the GC settings? do you think they would work with close to stock ride height?

car looks great btw 8)

Comment

Plus the rear one makes a nice footrest when sitting on the trunk.
      its true.

Sold it.

Comment

:up: :up:

Originally posted by M-technik-3
        One question, is that rust in your fogs?
        I dunno what part you're referring to, but there's no rust on them.

Thanks guys!
        i think he's refering to the general color of your fogs, cause they kinda look like a rusty yellowish orangish color, but i'm not certain.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM20
          a little more clearance, is that just cause of the GC settings? do you think they would work with close to stock ride height?

car looks great btw 8)
          It would take a helluva hit for wheels to go into the fenders with a stock ride height car. To be honest, I probably could've gotten away without rolling (it was VERY close with me in the trunk and a couple guys standing on the back bumper). I just rolled them because I didn't know how much the suspension moved under lateral load.

Comment

Originally posted by e304lyfe
            :up: :up:

Originally posted by M-technik-3
            One question, is that rust in your fogs?
            I dunno what part you're referring to, but there's no rust on them.

Thanks guys!
            i think he's refering to the general color of your fogs, cause they kinda look like a rusty yellowish orangish color, but i'm not certain.
            Thanks Mike!

They're just yeller. Original ones were cracked and these were free.

Comment

Looking good Bill. Awesome stance 8)
              I don't like tucked in bumpers too much...it just looks worse. I saw one with tuckecd in bumpers in person..and it looked bad..esp. since the bumper surrounds were soo faded and a bit wavy.
              I agree with the bumpers making for a nice "bench" to sit on when lacing up my bball shoes daily bfore I go into the gym. It's a nice convenience heh.

Comment

Keepin' it real homie.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Looking good Bill, very original!

Will you be in Jersey around Mid February?

:)
                  95' M3.
                  90' 325i Turboed.
                  87' 325eS Fixed.

Comment

looks great Bill, what are your next plans? I have to roll my fenders when I put the 17x8.5 on in the rear......maybe you can give me some tips if we ever get a GTG together.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Ive rubbed in the back with a full car of guys and stock suspension. Oh and some sand bags and 4 bottlecaps in the trunk.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I may come back one weekend in mid-Feb, but I dunno yet.

Next plans...nothing really big. Hopefully some black sport seats soon. I'm graduating this May so I really should start putting money in that direction.

Yeah, I guess stock suspension can compress a lot. You can fit 225's without rolling though if the offset is right.

Comment

Looking good Bill. Glad to see that the rolling job in 20 degree weather went well. I think that your unrolled fenders would have torn the 225s up.
                          As far as those black sport seats go...I will have them up here next weekend if you want.

Nick

Comment

Bill is the only '84 318 guy that could get this many replies in the Members Rides section. :D Because his 318 is badass. 8)

Looks really good dude, I like how it sits.

So tell us....how are the 225's?

-Stu
                            who still can't believe Bill's running 225's behind an M10. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc
                              So tell us....how are the 225's?

-Stu
                              who still can't believe Bill's running 225's behind an M10. :P
                              I'm curious as well. I want Euro baskets..... think ET23 could get away without rolling fenders (rear is already rolled a tiny bit). I'm thinking about 225/50 ES100's, but I want to hear what you have to say about them.

Nice stance :up:

Comment

Drive it, then tell me again that it's badass.

225's should be perfect on the et24 euro wheel. 88+ e30's had partially rolled rear fenders anyhow.

As for running them on an m10, yeah they're a little overkill. 1st gear turns on the throttle would brake the inside loose everytime though (even though an LS would be a far better fix than 225's!). I wanted to run them because they fit and I want to see how they might handle compared to 205's. I still haven't formed an opinion on them though - gotta drive the car more.

Comment

Working...
                                X