Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to auto-x this Sat at Sonoma? Rain is in the forecast but its still supposed to be fun, right...?

Will, are you still one of the organizers?

Jay

Comment

I'm not looking at the FRS/BRZ twins because there is too much function-overlap with my M3s. I already have a great handling sporty light rwd car that's fast and makes awesome noises, so a second (muuuch slower) one that makes the same fuel economy doesn't make much sense to me. ND or C63 don't overlap as much, but they're also very different from each other.

really I just need have bad car-ADD, since I'm thinking about the merits of the new Camaro 1le and it also overlaps badly, but makes v8 noises....
      Last edited by Bimmerman325i; 11-16-2016, 02:11 PM.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

What's up rev fam, coming to you guys with some sad news. My e30 was broken into last night and the perpetrator only took my radio but decided to tear my interior apart as well. Never thought it'd happen to me and I'm pretty devastated. Hvac panel ruined, wires from radio hanging out, broken glove box, destroyed my ignition and left all the wires from the steering column hanging and exposed as well. To top it all off when I was assessing the damage two wires from the radio accidentally touched and created a spark, now my interior lights won't come on.

I have local friends who have replacement parts but my post here is to see if anybody can help with the wiring of the steering column and the spark issue. This is my daily driver and I'm torn that this happened, I'd like to keep it but will sell if this is too much. Please reach out if you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ugh, fuck that person

sorry to hear this :(

I've got an ignition switch for you
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoS View Post
            What's up rev fam, coming to you guys with some sad news.
            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This car was damn near perfect, that sucks so much man, I can't imagine how you're feeling. Fuck thieves

Edit - I have a glove box lol
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

wtf is wrong with people... who steals headunits anymore? Tyrone Biggums is so 15 years ago
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This is why we can't have nice things....sorry to hear about this

Comment

Dude! That is the worst, I'm sorry that happened to you. People are the worst. Good luck getting it back together!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Sry to hear that. Hope you get this situated. :/

"Stand tall and shake the heaven."
                    "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

Comment

Thanks guys, trying to look on the positive side about getting her fixed.

Thanks Dmitriy, I'm going to be picking through a friends parts car and if his doesn't work I'll message you for sure

Carson, I'd love to snag that glove box if it's in good condition! I'll even drive down and pick it up [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

im sorry man. that sucks so much.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoS View Post
                          glove box
                          Sent you a PM with some pics!
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

Hi everyone,

I made a BAR appointment to get my m50 car checked at Skyline College next week. I currently have a 413 ECU out of an auto 525i. Will that be ok? I ask as my friends had an issue with their m60 powered car using an auto ECU because it threw a CANBUS code that was only present when plugged into the state computer. Otherwise the rest of the motor is stock and has the correct exhaust routing/cats.

Thanks,

Joey

Comment

does your auto ecu have a manual chip?

Should be fine if so.

Also pretty sure this is not a problem on obd1 cars.

If you want, I have a spare chip out of a manual ecu, and a spare manual ecu. And have been through BAR, if you want me to look at your install and see what they won't like about it.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                                does your auto ecu have a manual chip?

Should be fine if so.

Also pretty sure this is not a problem on obd1 cars.

If you want, I have a spare chip out of a manual ecu, and a spare manual ecu. And have been through BAR, if you want me to look at your install and see what they won't like about it.
                                If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to buy the manual ECU and/or chip. I'll send you a PM.

-Joey

Comment

Working...
                                X