87' 325 nothing (big pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87' 325 nothing (big pic)

Sorry about the picture being ridiculous big.

1987 Lapis Blau 325 eta

132k, Perfect car for a college student. I have done few modifications but have plans to do a few more.

Ronal ACT 15x7's
    Cooper Zeons 205 55 R15
    Magnaflow Cat back exhaust
    K&N Cone filter w/ heat shield
    Jim Conforti Turner Motorsport Chip
    Clutch Stop
    Delrin Carrier Bushings
    Boston Acoustic Speakers
    Zender Spoiler
    M-tech 1 Steering wheel

Future Plan:
    H&R Springs
    Bilstein or Koni Shocks
    Strut Brace
    Window tint and new bumper trim
    UUC SSK for sure

Nice car, is that an alpinia lip spoiler out back?

Brian

Comment

Re: 87' 325 nothing (big pic)

Originally posted by Dinansaur
      Strut Brace
      UUC SSK for sure
      Sparco is the best brace

and how sure are you? Why not M roadster selector rod.....it'd only be what? $70 for all the parts and people love the feel! (Or Z4 3.0 or etc. etc.)

Rob help me out here.

Comment

For Brian, it is a Zender spoiler, similar but I think better-looking than the aplina foam-rubber spoilers. Thanks! Same to you!

For Robert-

Sparco's are about $100, which suites me well,

My Dad has a UUC on his 89 325is about 250$, and I like the feel better than his 99' M3 (in shifting, other wise it kicks the 325is' azz) Would you recomend the Z3/4 setup over the UUC?[/quote]

Comment

Aren't those the same whee;s that Bill84318i (sp) has on his car?

Comment

Yes, I think so, i have seen that car on here, isn't it white? That is the only other car I have seen with my rims.

Comment

Haha, nice wheels. They're Ronal ACT-SP's to be specific. :)

Can you tell me the offset on them? They look a little different than mine, but it's hard to tell from the pic. Are your centercaps (the chromey 'hex' center part) intact? If so, I'll buy them.

Comment

I think the offset is 24 or 25mm. I have the center caps and didn't like the look very much. Yes they are the chrome hex center cap and I have the center piece that is circular. I took the ACT button and put a bimmer sticker over it. Let me go home and look for them, they are in a box somewhere, so I will look at their condition and decide if I would be willing to sell them or not.

Comment

looks good. whats the little shiny thing down on the side of the lip spoiler?

Rear wing looks pretty good, got any other angles of if coming in the near future?
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

My Dad has a UUC on his 89 325is about 250$, and I like the feel better than his 99' M3 (in shifting, other wise it kicks the 325is' azz) Would you recomend the Z3/4 setup over the UUC?
                    Yes. You can't really take my word for it, I haven't driven an E30 with the Z4 SSK in it. But Rob Maybach has just installed his and loves it.

But $70 vs. $250.....that's a pretty big difference. And you can choose from the range of Z3/4/M rods to get the perfect feel for you.

Originally posted by Rob
                    The length above the ball determines the actual height of the shifter, and the length below the ball determines the shortness of the throw (longer=shorter)
                    Rob is really the top guy to talk to about the Z4 SSK, if he's not here by tonight, PM him.

Basically Z3 2.8 is slightly shorter, smooth
                    Z4 2.5 is short
                    Z4 3.0 is short, notchier
                    M roadster is short, notchiest or most notchy (?) which is proper english?

Like I said, I haven't drive E30s with these swapped shifters yet. I have however driven every Z model made except for the rare Z1. The M roadster gives a real notchy feel, which is cool and precise. It takes two efforts to put it in a gear. The Z4 shifters are real low and short, which is nice. The Z3 is more smooth, the non-2.8 like 1.9 or 2.3 isn't really an upgrade.

You would definately like a M roadster shifter. I'd bet on it. Plus the extra cash in your wallet would make you happy as well!

Comment

It is actually a screw and washer, I have no idea but i bought it like that, I plan to buy the specialized clip ASAP though. I have more pictures, but not on this computer. I will post soon. You can see the spoiler and exhaust better. After tinting, bumper strips and suspension drop there will be another photo shoot! Which will all be done by summer. Thanks, I love your car.

Comment

I think the offset is 24 or 25mm. I have the center caps and didn't like the look very much. Yes they are the chrome hex center cap and I have the center piece that is circular. I took the ACT button and put a bimmer sticker over it. Let me go home and look for them, they are in a box somewhere, so I will look at their condition and decide if I would be willing to sell them or not.
                        Very interesting. Mine are et37 (I'm running 15mm spacers)...so Ronal really did make two different sets. You seem to have a little more dish than I do. They're 15x7, right?

All of my center plates are fine, but the every single one of the stupid hex things is broken. I think I like the capless look over when they're used, but it'd just be nice to have them to be able to switch back and forth if I want.

Comment

nice and clean...lower it now. I can't wait til summer so i can finally drop mine :)

Comment

i just installed the z4 3.0 this afternoon and my first impression is that it is very notchy and takes much more effort to put through the gears, although that extra effort gets you some damn fast shifts. my only complain about it is, that because it requires so much effort to shift through the gears that the shift knob (stock rubbery one) will actually bend when im switching gears and it makes it feel like im using a flexy rubber shifter . so ill probly end up just getting a chrome ///m knob off ebay or something to fix that little problem.

anyone have experience with the ///m knobs u see on ebay all the time?
                            98 M3/4/5

Comment

BILL'S IS COOLER!!! 8)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X