Hiss sound that happens after I shift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiss sound that happens after I shift?

In first 3 gears, after I let off the throttle I hear this hiss similar to a wastegate blowing in a turbo car.

At first I thought it was due to the cracked ICV hose causing a vacuum leak. I replaced the hose last night and the hiss is still there.

The car idles fine, drives fine, but I get this faint hiss after normal acceleration and shifting. Hiss is a bit louder is I shift after hard acceleration.

I tried searching for info and found that this may be a normal sound for exhaust setups that aren't running cats. Any truth to this?

TIA for any information.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

I have a slight hiss as well.. I KNOW that one of my 2.5" V-Bands got warped when we welded it up and there is a slight leak there.. I'm thinking of running a "v-band gasket" but I havent gotten around to it.

My car also has no cats.

Comment

yeh it could be a slight exhaust leak...
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I have this also. It is intermittent. I have no exhaust leaks and a catalytic converter.

Comment

Check your CCV. The m54 I thrash has a bad one and it makes a hissing noise?

Are you drinking oil like its wine?
          20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Working...
          X