fuel pressure regulator suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pressure regulator suggestions.

I do not have a fpr on my rail. Should I purchase an aftermarket adjustable one to take the place of not having one?

Originally posted by Dirtnap30 View Post
    I do not have a fpr on my rail. Should I purchase an aftermarket adjustable one to take the place of not having one?
    The M52/S52 engines do not have them on the rail. The E36 counterpart mounted them back by the fuel pump.
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Old thread but I'm running into this today. My fuel rail doesn't have a spot for the FPR. I'm assuming I need to run one. Do I buy a remote fuel pressure regulator and cut up the hose after the fuel filter and put it there? Is there a particular one that needs to be purchased?
      Last edited by AllydNYC; 09-21-2016, 03:52 PM.
      E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Early e39 528i (M52B28) used a fuel rail that had a FPR mounted on the back similar to the m20 setup. You can grab that, it's what I use on my car. Only downside to this rail is it does not fit well on an m50 manifold, the two pipes tend to be a real bitch to wrap around the intake runner for cylinder 6. You can bend them a little bit but I'm obviously leary of doing it considering it's a pressurized fuel system.

To do this you would need to have your DME coded to ignore the running loss valve found on OBD2 e36 motors.
        1990 332i, 4 door
        2008 KTM 990 Superduke
        2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
        2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
        2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

i put a 98 528 rail. along with the m50 intake now i dont know which one is making my car die after starting in cold.

it does work and fit though

Comment

Working...
          X