S52 GUYS. Throttle Body and Cable inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 GUYS. Throttle Body and Cable inquiry

Ok so I'm swapping in my S52. I'm gonna run it OBD1 and have an M50 manifold. Now do I need to get the M50 throttle body with an adapter and E34 cable or will I need an E36 cable with the S52 TB?

Sent from an Abacus

the m42 cable works just fine.

im not sure what you mean by adapter. also, i can't recall, but i think you can use the obd2 throttle body on your obd1 manifold if you don't have the earlier one. just get rid of the traction control butterfly.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

if you plan on OBD1, you run OBD1 components. I did use the e34 cable for throttle, and e36 cable for cruise control.
      Originally posted by Lof8
      4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
      therefore, their value is much greater.
      Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

e34 cable didnt fit well for me so i am using the e36 cable
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Ok so today I made the M50 throttle body from an E36 work. It was a lil tedious pulling it apart to make the E30 cable fit just right but it works.

As for the adapter plate I was referring to. The S52 TB has a 'gapped ring' around the hole on the mani side. Without the adapter it will cause vacuum leak. That's with M50 mani to S52 TB.

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

Originally posted by Yezus_Krys View Post
            Ok so today I made the M50 throttle body from an E36 work. It was a lil tedious pulling it apart to make the E30 cable fit just right but it works.

As for the adapter plate I was referring to. The S52 TB has a 'gapped ring' around the hole on the mani side. Without the adapter it will cause vacuum leak. That's with M50 mani to S52 TB.

Sent from an Abacus

Who sells the adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

m50 throttle body, i cannot recall the throttle cable but i think e34, mine has a bend in it and works perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by GG///M3 View Post
                Who sells the adapter?

They're on eBay. Here's one https://www.ebay.com/itm/110453718950

Comment

Working...
                X