Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird fuel injector issue, constantly firing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird fuel injector issue, constantly firing.

Well I have a s52 running obd1 in my 318is. The thing sat most of the winter and well the gas went bad. long story short I've been getting it going again but the number two injector is constantly firing flooding the engine.

I first noticed by putting a ghetto stethoscope against it and hearing that it isn't clicking like the rest. Well I pulled it out and took it to doctor injector. They tested it and it checked out fine and within spec. I get it home and same issue. So I pull the rail and harness and turn the key. Number two starts firing until the rail is discharged.

So now I grab my meter and pop the cover off the injector harness. I test voltage on the left and right pins, left is 12v and the right is .3ish volts. Now the other injectors read out at 12v and 12v which i believe is normal.

So is my injector failing internally or is there a broken wire somewhere?

Thanks guys, I wish I never swapped out the m20...

Ecu is my bet.

Shoulda kept it obd2 ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I love you and all but you wrote the tune...

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
        I love you and all but you wrote the tune...
        I'm saying ecu not tune ;)
        Failed injector driver was my guess.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Can I swap the EPROM from the tuned redtop to another or do you have to do that service personally?

Comment

Pull chip carefully, throw into another red or silver 413

Check Us out on Facebook
            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

I will try that later today. You prettt sure thats the issue?

Comment

Well you were right. Fired right up. Is the other dme worth anything?

Comment

Working...
                X