TheTacoMan's build, Turbo'd, mflare'd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BavarianAddict06 View Post
    Just did a stroker on a buddy of mine's car. Big difference. did you happen to do a comp test and leak down test before hand? dont make the same mistake i did. turned out the block was toast now spitting out blue smoke like a mofo. good luck with the stroker!
    No I didnt, but the car did run perfect and did not smoke even a little bit. Only issue was the car warmed up very quickly but I thought that was due to the thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
      No I didnt, but the car did run perfect and did not smoke even a little bit. Only issue was the car warmed up very quickly but I thought that was due to the thermostat.

yea you shud have done that BeforeHand . its always good to be safe. Yea buddy of mines car before the stroker was runnin on the warm side. but found out it was the headgasket. good luck. its worth it

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

Got the new head on along with the new timing blet, water pump, headgasket. Also have a 12in electirc fan coming along with long tube headers and 3in exhaust all the way back. No cats

Comment

Awesome, I too have an 88 eta. Can't wait to save up some money to do this swap. The stock eta is a pig and I need a little more power in my life.
          Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
            Awesome, I too have an 88 eta. Can't wait to save up some money to do this swap. The stock eta is a pig and I need a little more power in my life.
            Yes, compared to my friends 85 325e this was light years faster. Even copared to a supped up "i" it really didnt get killed bad at all. If anything it kept up.

I cant wait to get it done, just waiting on exhaust to get here and some miller stuff.
            Last edited by TheTacoMan; 08-15-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Finished the the stroker conversion today, waiting on the i ecu, maf sensor, and long tube headers. Still neeed to finish the cooling system with a 12in electric fan but thats it.

Also if anyone has an I throttle body that they would be willing to sell let me know as the junkyard wanted 52$ for one.

Comment

Did you bore the block?

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                  Did you bore the block?
                  No I didnt, started with a super eta engine and put an I head on.

Comment

that's not a stroker then. it hasn't been stroked haha. it's just a 327i.

also if you had a super eta engine then you already had an i head, it was just a matter of changing the cam and valve springs. other than that the seta engine is almost exactly the same as an i engine.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                      that's not a stroker then. it hasn't been stroked haha. it's just a 327i.

also if you had a super eta engine then you already had an i head, it was just a matter of changing the cam and valve springs. other than that the seta engine is almost exactly the same as an i engine.

I realize this, but it was easier for me just to get a new head and do it that way. I guess you could call it the poor man's stroker
                      Last edited by TheTacoMan; 08-16-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

He's not hating lol...just pointing out a fact.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroker_kit
                        There's a few key words in there

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                        Instagram:
                        https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                        LS Build Thread:
                        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

no, not hating. I'm just saying that I did the same thing as well, and called it a stroker because I thought it was easier, but there's a distinction.

Comment

Ok, you guys have a point. Well my 2.7 is nearing completion, just waiting to finish my exhaust.

Comment

Found out why my car seemed fast , it had a 173 ecu already in it. I also got another mystery 173 ecu with a chip on it already. Check out this thread.

Comment

Car is now running, everything is working minus the exhaust which will made at some point soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X