Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which way to go...Houndstooth vs Recaro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go with the recaros and just get the interior redone to match
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
      I have recaros and will never look back.
      Recaro, dear god, there is NO QUESTION, Recaro.

The day I put that first pair of MkII Recaros in my E30 was the day I was the most comfortable in my car I have ever been. I think E30 sport seats are some of the most uncomfortable seats ever. Granted, that comes down to each person (I'm 6' 1", 230 lbs. and not a small guy), but you just can't go wrong with them.

Wait until you guys see the new set that's going in my car in about 1-2 months when I get them back from JJ Custom Interior...

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
        Are those just stock sport seats reupholstered to say recaro? I thought Recaro didn't even make the stock sport seats?

Either way back on topic, I would go with the Recaros over the Houndstooth.
        As far as I know, those are just the stock E30 M3 seats that have been redone. I was under the impression that they were made by Recaro. They have the front edge that is adjustable, as well as being able to be tipped forward or back, and they are reclining.

I find them super comfortable. I've done 10 hours straight in them (ok, I had to stop for fuel at about the 4.5 hr mark.) and I'll say they are the only seats I can spend that much time in without my back getting tweaked. In every other set of seats, I'm only good for 4 hours at most and when I hit that, I pretty much can't sit or drive any more, my lower back just says no more.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
        X