No announcement yet.

E30 S50 no start - no spark/no fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I know this. Just seemed lame as fuck to me.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Yea, my m42 years ago did this, dug into stuff to find pointless wiring lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I don't think the OBC relay will be my issue, Im getting 12v to the main relay and my ICV buzzes and everything that the main relay turns on has power... just no FP relay action :(
        90 318i M62B44 OBD1
        02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
          I don't think the OBC relay will be my issue, Im getting 12v to the main relay and my ICV buzzes and everything that the main relay turns on has power... just no FP relay action :(
          You can test the functionality of the FP relay by using a piece of wire to ground the 86 pin on the relay. This is what the DME does to trigger the relay. If the pump kicks on, the relay is good and the issue is related to the DME.

In my case, the DME was not triggering the FP relay because EWS was telling it not to. :hitler:

Comment

Solved?

I have the exact same problem. The E30S50 cranks but won't start. Double checked all wiring, grounds, relays, fuses, chip for ews, and dme is good. How did you solve your problem? Thanks in advance.
            E30 1990 325i
            E39 2001 530i

Comment

Will PayPal $ to someone with an answer

Anyone in Wisconsin who knows the e30s50 swap please help. Crank but not starting. In addition to my last post I got a new red label dme and new engine harness and still having issues. I live in Appleton, WI. I am serious and will PayPal money or pay cash to the person with answer or help.
              E30 1990 325i
              E39 2001 530i

Comment

My friend had a the same problem! At first It would crank but wouldn't turn or run I should say! And all of sudden it would even crank anymore! Everything was check for connection and re checked again! The problem was in the ecu the war chip was not making full contact ! Problem solve! I would recommend to check your ecu and programming ! Good luck !

Comment

The fuel lines are one of the easiest mistakes that can be made. Check your fuel lines. If you pressurize the tank, you will find the "return" line. The feed line is the line that is connected to the fuel filter near the back of the car. The feed line needs to go to the fuel rail closest to the firewall.
                  Hope this helps
                  PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X