Working on an S52 swapped e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on an S52 swapped e30

I'm still gathering the funds to do an eventual swap. I plan on doing as much replacing / maintenance as possible while the engine is out but as much as I search I can't find much on post swap maintenance.

Basically, due to the lack of space, are you pretty much pulling the radiator anytime you need to do anything on the front, say the alternator goes? What about the back? What if he blower motor goes. can you still get that out post swap? Are the heater hoses still accessible? etc.

Basically I'll do or replace everything I can think of new just looking for some discussion or experience with what to expect post swap or any must dos before dropping it in.
    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Ive replaced my blower motor post swap. Its a very tight squeeze but doable

Comment

Also did my heater hoses. I wish i woulda just pulled the intake manifold to do that but i did it without doing it. Anything on front can be done with radiator out for sure. Havent had to do any of that thankfully. Well i redid my vanos. Cant even remember if i had to take the radiator out to pull it off the block. Thankfully getting the radiator out isnt super hard

Comment

What they said. There is actually quite a bit of room between the front of the motor and the radiator.

Which radiator are you going with? I went with an m42 unit and haven't had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! That's good to know, it seems a bit more feasible than I thought. Looking at the tight squeeze on some swap pics, I was starting to wonder if maintaining it wasn't going to be harder than actually getting the swap done.

I'm still looking at parts and swap threads regarding the radiator. I went back and forth for a while as my cars an auto and a vert. I was thinking a 5 speed swap might be enough, but we picked up a 5 speed vert for my wife a few months ago. It has a refreshed head and pulls strong but driving it has made me realize a swap is definitely in my future. As fun as hers is with a strong M20, I need some more horsepower. Nothing crazy, just a good match for the car - so now I'm back on the hunt.
          Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

I've got an s52 in mine and the motor is perfect for the e30 in my opinion. Perfect amount of power; not too much and not too little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X