No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awe fawk! really guys? that pic at the top of this page is gonna give me nightmares!!

thank god I'm stick with cagers!
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Good boots would have prevented that injury.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
        Damn! This was one hell of a post, kind of spontaneous for me, as I'm more of a lurker, but I like you guys and I like R3V, even if I don't own an e30 anymore. Hope you guys enjoyed! I'll have more projects soon if anyone is interested, kinda my side job from my day job :devil:
        I've got a project, if you want another.

It's a 98-01 R1. Cliff notes: Friend bought it, lost 2nd gear, sat outside for 5-6 years, friend and I meet kid with a shitload of R1 parts he knows nothing about (bought an R1 that came with a bunch of spares and never rode it), I acquire all of these parts, drag R1 to my house + parts, swap motor/etc.

I've started it, but never got the carbs right (I hate carbs). Missing the plastics and stuff, but I have a few harnesses, two frames, two sets of wheels, two sets of forks, etc etc. I'm local. I want like $500.

If I don't sell it I'll probably end up taking the carbs to a shop to have them fixed and turn it into another track fighter.
        91 318is - Gone
        16 VW GTI
        07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

What's under the cover?
          1990 332i, 4 door
          2008 KTM 990 Superduke
          2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
          2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
          2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
            I've got a project, if you want another.

It's a 98-01 R1. Cliff notes: Friend bought it, lost 2nd gear, sat outside for 5-6 years, friend and I meet kid with a shitload of R1 parts he knows nothing about (bought an R1 that came with a bunch of spares and never rode it), I acquire all of these parts, drag R1 to my house + parts, swap motor/etc.

I've started it, but never got the carbs right (I hate carbs). Missing the plastics and stuff, but I have a few harnesses, two frames, two sets of wheels, two sets of forks, etc etc. I'm local. I want like $500.

If I don't sell it I'll probably end up taking the carbs to a shop to have them fixed and turn it into another track fighter.
            hmmmmmmmmm interesting, im getting close to finishing these dirt bikes, so ill be looking for another project possibly. Does it have a title/either of the frames have a title?

Comment

Originally posted by Varinn View Post
              What's under the cover?
              997.1 with the EVT700 kit and HREs. :)

Originally posted by Downz View Post
              hmmmmmmmmm interesting, im getting close to finishing these dirt bikes, so ill be looking for another project possibly. Does it have a title/either of the frames have a title?
              Yeah, the frame with the engine in it now has a clean title. :)
              Last edited by RedReplicant; 02-27-2015, 09:22 AM.
              91 318is - Gone
              16 VW GTI
              07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

997.1 with the EVT700 kit and HREs. :)

Yeah, the frame with the engine in it now has a clean title. :)
                pm sent :)

Comment

It's raining here in San Diego (riding season all year round) and I seen 3-4 bikes just out on the street currently with no covers. Is that a thing?

Comment

Bought a 1995 m900 in great shape. Fcr 41mm carbs, ferrocci exhaust. I'm in love

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                    It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

heres my modersickle! its a 2001 suzuki dr650. its got an 01 rm250 front end, high comp piston, jet kit, slip on, polisport halo headlight and front fender, custom throttle side cover panel. and some other junk.

heres the progression of how it has looked since I got it in feb 2011

86 325e

92 525i

Comment

words
                        Shame you're so far away. I would buy that.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                          Shame you're so far away. I would buy that.
                          def a good deal, sent him a PM, anxiously waiting to hear back from him ;D

Comment

Recently made the trip from los angeles to san diego on my vfr800. Did the same trip a couple of months ago with the stock seat and I don't even think a blow job could of helped the old boys down south. Now I have a corbin and I could get off and walk around like a champ! Anyone else have similar experiences with corbin or better with seargant etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                              Recently made the trip from los angeles to san diego on my vfr800. Did the same trip a couple of months ago with the stock seat and I don't even think a blow job could of helped the old boys down south. Now I have a corbin and I could get off and walk around like a champ! Anyone else have similar experiences with corbin or better with seargant etc?
                              I heard alot of bad things about the corbin for the ducati monsters, I plan on getting a sergeant instead

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                              It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Interesting. It's not at all 'foamy' like my stock seat but it's still firm. I find myself sliding just an inch or two after a while on it but that's it. Would be interesting to sit on a sergeant.

Sooo I want to start listening to music while riding but my helmet is like a wind tunnel. I'm saving for another helmet but in the mean time can anyone recommend low profile noise cancellation head phones or ear buds?

Comment

Working...
                                X