• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant believe this is still up!!! GLWS OP
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

OP here. I feel that I need to post some pics of the rust areas and trouble spots. I will emphasize that the rust is very isolated, and to my knowledge there is no rust on the frame or on the front body. I also have pics of some of the paint flaws I mentioned earlier:

-Two tiny spots in the driver's door sill.
      -The underbody part beneath the battery box is unfortunately rusted through. I know it's a common spot to see this sort of thing...I often wonder if the battery leaked while the car was in storage before it was salvaged. If you search these forums, you'll find a number of ways this can be repaired by someone with a welder.
      -There is a little bit of rust in the rear wheel wells. Both rear wheel wells have just a little bit at the rear-bottom, kind of in the "spray path" if you will, and the left rear wheel well has one other spot...This one is about midway down on the back side of the wheel arch (the area is about a square inch) but it's quite far from the strut tower.
      -The sunroof seal has been leaky for an unknown time, and the sunroof panel itself has some rust bubbles. I do not not see any rust around the sunroof gutter. You will be getting a clean sunroof panel & brand new seal with the car.

If you're skeptical about any of this, then I would encourage you to come drive the car, and then arrange an inspection. I'll be totally happy to work that out with you, and I still think the car speaks for itself.

Comment

What a beautiful car!
        88 M3 Diamantschwarz
        89 M3 Zinnoberrot
        56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
        www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Working...
        X