FS: s52 Swap 1989 325iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys; buddy recently reached out to me because he is officially trying to sell his e30 and wanted me to post it on various forums for him.

He's selling a 1988 325iS with an s52 swap and ZF 5-speed transmission. The car originally belonged to a mutual buddy of ours who owns his own shop and picked up the car in stock form originally in LA 5 years ago. It became the shop project car and recieved a full rust rebuild/prevention where it needed it and a complete respray. He eventually sourced a crashed EstorilBlau 1998 e36 M3 and pulled the s52/ZF combo along with the LSD and the rest is history. The s52 was rebuilt including all the gaskets and seals and swapped into the e30 about 3 years go with 95k miles on the swap and has driven about 18k miles since. My buddy picked it up last year off of him after seeing it just sitting in the shop under a tarp for a good long while and it became his weekend car. My buddy has since graduated college, has gotten a different BMW, and just wants to sell it because most days it just sits undriven

Basics
    • 1988 325iS
    • Clean Title
    • 147k on broken odometer (~152k actual)
    • Smogged Sept 2014
    • Registered until Feb 2016
    • Brilliantrot Respray
    • Tan Hounstooth Cloth interior
    • S52 swap (95k miles since rebuild/swap; ~113k actual)
    • 3.23 Limited-Slip Differential
    • BBS RS reps (16x9)
    • BF Goodrich 225/45/16
    • Eibach lowering springs
    • Koni Sport shocks
    • e36 3.2LtL steering rack swap
    • Crackfree Dash
    • Z3 1.9 "Short Shift" Lever
    • ZHP 5-Speed Shift Knob
    • Muffler-Delete Catback exhaust
    • OEM iS lip with Ryan GMW Lip-Splitter
    • 35% Black window tint
    • Shadowline window-trim
    • Euro Analog Clock
    • Plastic Bumper swap
    • Zender Side Skirts
    • Zender Rear Valence
    • iS trunk lip
    • Maplight rear-view mirror
    • M-Tech 1 Steering Wheel
    • Rear US License Plate filler

Extras:
    • BMW e30 fitted car cover
    • Thule Roof Rack complete with 872XT fairing, locks, and 2-snowboard Flat top loaders

Maintenance:
    • Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5w30 every 3k miles
    • New Battery (5-year warranty; Mar 2014)
    • Transmission flush (Redline MTL; Mar 2014)
    • Differential flush (Redline MT90; Feb 2015)
    • 4 New speakers (Kickers)
    • Aftermarket deck w/ Aux
    • New foglight lenses
    • New Clutch (3k miles; Mar 2014)
    • New antenna grommet (Feb 2015)

The Bad:
    • Swap has not been BAR'd (passes smog but does not pass visual)
    • Speedo not functioning; possibly SI board issues, best to swap for a refreshed cluster
    • Euro Clock not wired (needs pigtail)
    • Oil Level check light constantly on (busted level sensor)
    • Small hole beginning to form on driver's seat right bolster
    • Small crack on the underside of the lip splitter

As you can see, on paper the car is near perfect with only a few minor things that need addressing. Great for anyone looking for a turn-key swapped e30

I know: pictures aren't amazing, but it's what I have to work with

Buddy is looking for around $11,400
    Willing to negotiate for serious buyers

Shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to put you in touch

Joey

I need to move to California.
    1998 M3 - Sold
    1991 318i - Sold
    1998 323is - Daily
    1986 325es - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner_1886 View Post
      I need to move to California.
      Flying out is always an option ;D

Bump

Comment

trades ROAD TRIP ??

Comment

What's the history of the car? I have tried getting in contact with the Seller through Craigslist, but nothing. I pulled the history and says the car was previously reported as a total loss and/or had comprehensive damage. I'm not trying to ruin anybody's FS thread, but I'm a firm believer that everything should be disclosed when selling a car.

Comment

Originally posted by biiemu3 View Post
            What's the history of the car? I have tried getting in contact with the Seller through Craigslist, but nothing. I pulled the history and says the car was previously reported as a total loss and/or had comprehensive damage. I'm not trying to ruin anybody's FS thread, but I'm a firm believer that everything should be disclosed when selling a car.
            i think it's a fair question and isn't thread crapping. i was wondering the same because the hood, FR fender do not seem "right" for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by leadphut View Post
              i think it's a fair question and isn't thread crapping. i was wondering the same because the hood, FR fender do not seem "right" for some reason.
              Agreed on all counts. It's been FS on Craigslist up and down the west coast for four months or so.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Same problem

I took a trip from Oregon to Sacramento to see this car. The guy was VERY interested in a partial trade for an e39 540 touring which I own. After thousands of words in text (would not respond by phone) I told him that I wanted to meet at my friends(Ryan G) shop, which is 10 minutes away from where he said he lived. At that point he said that he didn't want to drive the car that far but would bring it to my hotel at 6:30 P.M. That would be after dark. I backed out. I don't know whats going on but I'm just saying.............

Comment

Originally posted by hillbarry View Post
                  I took a trip from Oregon to Sacramento to see this car. The guy was VERY interested in a partial trade for an e39 540 touring which I own. After thousands of words in text (would not respond by phone) I told him that I wanted to meet at my friends(Ryan G) shop, which is 10 minutes away from where he said he lived. At that point he said that he didn't want to drive the car that far but would bring it to my hotel at 6:30 P.M. That would be after dark. I backed out. I don't know whats going on but I'm just saying.............
                  Wow. I would have lost my shit if I were you. Sorry to hear this.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

At such a price, I highly doubt anyone is going to be serious about this car until there is some explanation, OP...

Comment

Originally posted by biiemu3 View Post
                      Originally posted by leadphut View Post
                      The "Total Loss" damage was a mistake on the part of Carfax due to the vandalism insurance claim that happened about 2 months ago.

The mistake of mislabeling the claim has since been cleared with Carfax as there was no total loss. The claim was for paint repairs due to vandalism and nothing more. The owner has a screen capture of the new Carfax to prove it; and as you can see by the status of the ad, it has been fully disclosed and addressed

As for the hood/fender; I have no idea what you are referring to. They look fine to me (and look good in person as well)

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
                      At such a price, I highly doubt anyone is going to be serious about this car until there is some explanation, OP...
                      Its not my car; I only posted it for a friend; I don't know the full meaty details of it, but I know enough about it and if there's anything else someone wants to know, I'll gladly refer them to the owner over PM

Originally posted by hillbarry View Post
                      Yeah, sorry
                      I don't know what happened there; I'll talk to him about it, must've been a good reason; but I'm really sorry. That's just a crappy situation, and I'd reserve every right to be angry for all the time/money wasted if it happened to me
                      Last edited by JinormusJ; 03-05-2015, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Pretty sure the thread has been officially crapped
                        But..

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Sold

Comment

hope they had a chance to see it and have it inspected. You really went to bat for this guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X