Clear All

Former cars

Highly modded 1997 1.9L Z3

Watkins Glen, turn 9 apex at 65+ mph

1999 M Coupe

Watkins Glen - in the Esses, followed by my friend AC in his S54 M Coupe

In the bus stop.

BUSTED, courtesy of a SUPERTROOPER. I-80 somewhere in Northern VA

man, and I thought I was taking a step back going from the ITR to an E30....

are you happy with that?
    BEERTECH

Comment

Perfectly!

The less I have to spend to own a car (financing, insurance, maintenance, etc) the more I can spend on track driving.

With the e30, parts, especially consumables (tires, brake pads, rotors, fuel (better gas mileage) )are much less expensive in the long run. I should also mention that insurance is also much (by 40%) less expensive.

Also, when you track a car, no matter how good you are, its a matter of time before you have an incident. Id much rather smack up a $5000 car than a $25000 - $30000 car.

I like a light responsive car. When I had the Coupe I missed the 1.9L Z3s handling. Anyone can go fast in a straight line, the difference is in the turns where light cars absolutely shine. I have my fun in the turns and the braking zone preceeding it. Brake later and accelerate sooner than the big fellows.

Besides, my first ever ride in a BMW was my uncles 1988 Eurospec 325is in Germany. :D

Comment

great to hear. I am excited about the next project (e30 318is), I can't wait to get on the track.
        BEERTECH

Comment

Sweet cars Mario. How did your Mcoupe compare to your friends S54 coupe at the track?

Bummer about the trooper! How bad was the ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc
            Sweet cars Mario. How did your Mcoupe compare to your friends S54 coupe at the track?

Bummer about the trooper! How bad was the ticket?
            S52 vs. S54 comprable low end acceleration to maybe 4.5-5k rpm. S54 will walk away after that. Best way to decribe would be to compare the older euro S motors to the then much detuned US spec S motors.

Ticket
            82 in a 65. That whole thing set me back about $700. Tic was about $200. Attorney was $450. Court Fees - $50. Attorney sucessfully plead down to 79 resulting in a speeding offence. Fine with me as anyhting over 80 in VA is a felony and is recorded as such in your permenent legal record.

Sometimes one just learns the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by TIATO
              Ticket
              82 in a 65. That whole thing set me back about $700. Tic was about $200. Attorney was $450. Court Fees - $50. Attorney sucessfully plead down to 79 resulting in a speeding offence. Fine with me as anyhting over 80 in VA is a felony and is recorded as such in your permenent legal record.

Damn !! My bro got a ticket for a similar speed if not higher in that same vicinity...this was 2 years or so ago...he drove down on a rainy day during sch...plead not guilty the female cop was very cooperative and they dismissed the case :shock: sucks that you got had...I take it that he was prob an @$$

Comment

Originally posted by TIATO
                Ticket

I got off easy then! I got pulled for 81 in a 65, and was pretty confused as to why I got a "Reckless" ticket instead of speeding. Asked to speak to the prosecutor when the judge asked for my plea, told him that I knew I was speeding but didn't think I was driving in a reckless manner, and they put it down to 80. I got away spending about 1/10th of what you spent. :)

Back on topic. I want an M coupe VERY BAD.

Comment

So Rob you got a 318is??

Comment

Nice cars Mario :) I like your E30. Too bad about the ticket. I actually got busted for going 83 in a 65 last summer. I was driving the Mean Green Monster (AKA 97 dodge caravan) then. Not my E30. I paid the damn fine the next day. $200. That's it..along with 4 points on my licence. I didn't feel like driving back to jersey to appear in court, so I just paid the ticket. The points went down to 2 pts, and in 2004 it will go down to 1 point.

see the Mean Green Monster behind my e-30 in the pic. I drive that all winter, and take trips with it in the spring summer. BTW I was going about 90 soem untill I saw the cop. Slammed the brakes..thus a dead duck in the WIDE open too. He only got me for going 83 tho ;)

later
                    Jim - 325i

Comment

Originally posted by NCm42
                      So Rob you got a 318is??
                      maybe ;)
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                      X