Parts/Service guys.. Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts/Service guys.. Quick Question

Ive been accustomed to Reynolds since Ive been working at dealerships, and have an opportunity to work for another dealership (better pay). They use ADP as their software, though. Is anyone here using ADP, and more importantly, has anyone used both R&R and ADP? Are they comparable, is one easier than the other, one quicker, one more user friendly, etc. Just a little paranoid with the new software, I know some are absolute nightmares.
    Originally posted by blunt
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

I use ADP now, but I have not used R&R. I have been working with the program for about a year and just found out about a whole bunch of features that help out but it is still a pain in the ass. Are you going to be using it more for parts or writing ROs? The past year I have been using it for writing tickets and just now am getting into the parts side(hopefully better pay). Our dealer still does not use the service advisor part of the program as much as they should(scheduling, etc)but it gets the job done. Having to talk to them on the phone is bitch if you have any technical problems, and the system crashes pretty frequently. Excited yet? Whatever it is a program you use at work, who cares? You'll get the hang of it after about 3 weeks. What kind of dealer are you working at?

*EDIT*ADP, when working properly, is pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by almostM View Post
      I use ADP now, but I have not used R&R. I have been working with the program for about a year and just found out about a whole bunch of features that help out but it is still a pain in the ass. Are you going to be using it more for parts or writing ROs? The past year I have been using it for writing tickets and just now am getting into the parts side(hopefully better pay). Our dealer still does not use the service advisor part of the program as much as they should(scheduling, etc)but it gets the job done. Having to talk to them on the phone is bitch if you have any technical problems, and the system crashes pretty frequently. Excited yet? Whatever it is a program you use at work, who cares? You'll get the hang of it after about 3 weeks. What kind of dealer are you working at?

*EDIT*ADP, when working properly, is pretty fast.
      Cool, thanks for the quick run down. Well at Nissan/BMW I was on R&R, but primarily parts. It was great as far as parts was concerned, not so much for service. With ADP I'll be working (hopefully) for a small dealer, but will be service to begin. I just had a little bit of a rough time learning R&R as far as service was concerned, but it was also my first dealership I worked at, so it was a whole new animal all together. I just didnt want to switch jobs, and totally bomb on ADP lol.

Again, thanks for the input on it.
      i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

I took the job, and the ADP isnt so bad. Reynolds is definitely more friendly, but this should be easy to get the hang of. This place has so many different exotics coming in, its certainly opening my eyes to things other than BMWs.

Comment

Another Damn Problem is what we call it.

Comment

Lol, thats what I was hearing. The writer I am working with says he prefers Reynolds to it hands down. We'll see how this works out.

Comment

Working...
            X