Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id be interested too. CF hood would look pimp with my black E30

Comment

some of ya'll are a little crazy. the hoods fit rather nicely. its the best any. ftermarket hood is gonna fit, especially for this price. like kris said, cf shrinks when it is finished and when you mold a stock hood it is very hard to account for this shrinking in the design. if it was accounted for, these hoods would have cost MUCH MUCH more. and seeing as how most of the e30 community is rather, whats the word, CHEAP, i doubt anyone would buy these. Look at GMG's hoods, they cost over 1k, and they fit worse then these hoods do.

as for everyone else, VIS isnt going to be remaking the molds anytime soon. it costs money to do this, and im not talking about pocket change. plus it takes a while to make a mold, then build the product. they have already built two molds for these hoods becuase someone in the GB originally messed up the first one.

anyway, these oods look good enough to let it slide, then you factor in the price and there is nothing to complain about. mine isnt used much to win shows anyway...

Comment

well, as far as this GB goes, im in a rather large bind (my car is borderline totalled), so i dont think i will be having any money any time soon for a carbon fiber hood..now if the damage had been to the hood, then i would be all over a carbon fiber hood...so if you guys want to proceed with this, then by all means, do the damn thing :D . peace
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

You guys are freaking pussies, CF hoods are to lighten your car, not to look good. Who cares if one corner dips down .2" too far. From what I hear the VIS hoods have so much gelcoat so they look good, that they don't even save a ton of weight anyways.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
            You guys are freaking pussies, CF hoods are to lighten your car, not to look good.
            Pfft.....tell that to anyone that has CF in their cars.... especially e36/e46 or newer cars.... they'll laugh at you and just say they did it for the pimp factor.

Die hard race fans dont get CF hoods, they gut out their interiors, a/c, trunk carpet, spare, etc etc.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
              You guys are freaking pussies, CF hoods are to lighten your car, not to look good.
              Die hard race fans dont get CF hoods, they gut out their interiors, a/c, trunk carpet, spare, etc etc.
              and once that is done? what's next?

Comment

rwdrift wrote:
                Digitalwave wrote:

CF HOOD BABY. Its one of the easiest things to lighten up the front end of a front heavy car that you can do.(assuming its allowed in the class your running in if its purely for racing.)

Brian

Comment

Yeah, they're a great way to loose some pounds on a nose-heavy car. My brother dropped over 30 pounds off the front of his Corolla.
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                  S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

To solve this problem, we'd need to know the weight of a VIS CF hood, and the weight of a stock hood w/out the underlining.

Anyone?

Comment

wow, for $400, you just need to know that it fits decent, isn't wavy, CF weave is exposed and it's much lighter than the stock hood.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by shahe
                        quit spending money to try to cover up your driving skills by having a faster/lighter car and spend the $400 in auto-x and track events. :roll:
                        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by shahe
                          quit spending money to try to cover up your driving skills by having a faster/lighter car and spend the $400 in auto-x and track events. :roll:
                          never, the track is a waste of money. why would i even bother. i might get a paint chip on my beautiful paint job. and autox's, dont get me started on this, an event were shopping carts have a better chance at winning.

Comment

If that's what satisfies you, then that's good then. It's your car, not mines. The way you say it, it'll definetly stay shining for longer than most of us here.

Feedback Thread

Comment

If that's what satisfies you, then that's good then. It's your car, not mines. The way you say it, it'll definetly stay shining for longer than most of us here.
                              doood, 5 questions:

who the hell are you?

do you even know me?

who the hell are you?

how new are you?

do you even know me?

if you figure out the answer to those maybe you'll get a clue.

Comment

just chiiiiiiiiiillll r-dubulya dorifto!!! Sha obviously digs the look and he does track his car, he's just fuckin witchu. i guess the light weight of the CF is a bonus. calmen sie down
                                -Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X