Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GB on Spec Clutches

Hey All,

I need to get an idea of who and how many might be interested in a SPEC clutch for their car. If I can get an order of 10+ I can almost guarantee a 15% discount from retail, if not more. You can visit their site @ www.specclutch.com

Once I get some positive responses I can lay out exact pricing.

Post it up here, PM, or email.
    -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
    86' 325e [RIP]

what's retail? If you can get this done REALLY fast, i can buy one

Comment

I might be interested.

How much power at the Stage 1's suppose to hold, and how do they compare with the Sach's OEM clutch? (I cna't afford more than Stage 1... :D ) (what I would have gotten originally)
      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson
        what's retail? If you can get this done REALLY fast, i can buy one
        Go to www.specclutch.com They list all the prices there.
        -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
        86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
          I might be interested.

How much power at the Stage 1's suppose to hold, and how do they compare with the Sach's OEM clutch? (I cna't afford more than Stage 1... :D ) (what I would have gotten originally)
          I'm still waiting for an answer back from SPEC on the torque hold capacity. Alot of the E39 M5 guys are using this clutch instead of the Sachs unit.
          -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
          86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

This is the list of people that are interested. It looks like we have ten total including myself (actually, maybe eleven if I get two). I’m still waiting for some responses from SPEC about questions. Hopefully on Monday I’ll hear back. I’ll PM or email each of you to get the specifics of year and model and which stage you want.

R3vlimited
            -Bryson
            -Sean

Bimmerforums
            -Georgejeanphili
            -ArcticFox
            -KaOTiKM3

S14.net
            -Jeff J.
            -Jonathan B

Dtmpower.net
            -single
            -Godson (iffy)
            -983184dr

EDIT: DTMPOWER UPDATE
            -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
            86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

so it would be $340 max for a stage 3 and $260 for a stage 1 for us? I'm putting my engine and tranny together this week, so I'd need it pretty quickly as I can't progress without one
              If e39 M5 guys are using stage 1s over stock clutches, I might even go as low as that

also, how's the pedal? I don't mind a stiff pedal, just like to know though

one more thing.. do you have a list of all parts included?

Comment

For $260 I would be interested in a stage 2 depending on how much torque they can handle. (An M50 will be in my car before it's all said and done, regardless of my many setbacks)

Comment

I might be interested.

1.Torque Capacity
                  a. SB101- 320
                  b. SB102- 385
                  c. SB103- 444
                  d. SB104- 444
                  -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
                  86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

so it would be $340 max for a stage 3 and $260 for a stage 1 for us? I'm putting my engine and tranny together this week, so I'd need it pretty quickly as I can't progress without one
                    If e39 M5 guys are using stage 1s over stock clutches, I might even go as low as that

SPEC is really cool about that. The include everything you need. New Sachs throwout bearing, Input shaft bearing (the bearing you put into the rear engine seal/crank), Clutch alignment tool, pressure plate, and clutch. Basically everything you need.
                    -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
                    86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

Everyone please check your email or PM.
                      -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
                      86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

Can anyone answer what he asked on the pedal feel, cause I'm kinda wondering too?

If I go this route, the Stage 1 is definately enough for me. So, for me, that would be $271.15 since it's for an Eta and I'm doin Stage 1.

Oh, and what do these clutches come with, exactly? What are the exact contents? That way I know what else I need to buy.
                        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Since it includes the throwout bearing and pilot bearing, you really don't need to buy anything, just brake fluid to bleed your clutch slave since you're down there and doing a clutch. Things you could also do while you're there: guibo (flexdisc), output flange seal,, shift selector seal, maybe tranny mounts if you need them. If you have the money/time you can get a lightweight flywheel/get yours lightened, if lightened you'd have to buy a set of new bolts for it also

Comment

Can anyone answer what he asked on the pedal feel, cause I'm kinda wondering too?

If I go this route, the Stage 1 is definately enough for me. So, for me, that would be $271.15 since it's for an Eta and I'm doin Stage 1.

Oh, and what do these clutches come with, exactly? What are the exact contents? That way I know what else I need to buy.
                            As far as I understand the Stage 1 will be the same or slightly stiffer, but nothing bad. Stage 1 is no where close to a heavy clamp system or race system. Your take-up will still be smooth becasue the hub is sprung.
                            -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
                            86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

Im down for a Stage III, we can also talk with TCD, i think he gets 10% off spec clutches.

Comment

Working...
                              X