Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GB: Kirk Racing Roll Bars

JUST 2 DAYS LEFT PEOPLE

They're allowing us to add in full cages for the discounts. These are 6 point cages, either bolt-in or weld-in. Pricing is as follows:

Bolt-in = $600 3-10 or $580 10+
    Weld-in= $545 3-10 or $525 10+

Same tubing is used. Joint welding would be required. For the bolt in, once the joint welding is done, any removable bars would be removed via bolts (you're welding the attachment points). Side bars would be removable as well. If you order a full cage, you'll need to specify whether its a handcrank sunroof or electric since the front top bar is different on the 2.

Also, these are made to order and they will need to know whether its for a sunroof or non-sunroof car.

Kirk Racing for 4-point roll bars (can be welded or bolted in), specifically made for the E30. Discussions are over and its a go. Just waiting to hear from them how they want to identify this GB for sales tracking. I'll send those interested the info, but would appreciate a PM if they purchase one so that I know where we are. You will deal directly with Kirk for the purchase, but I would suggest you group purchases if anyone around you is also buying one, this will save you quite a bit in shipping.

The breakdown of cost is as follows:

3 - 9 units =$305
    10 + units =$285

Detachable cross-bar and diagonal is $65 extra (no additional discounts) - cross-bar mounting stud pieces remain when the cross-bar is removed. Removable horizontal brace loops back on driver's side only. If you order the detachable, both the cross-bar and diagonal remove together.

Fully welded cross-bar and diagonal loops back for both passenger and driver. These are painted black - usually only dings show up on the feet when shipped. I'll check to see if they can be ordered unpainted.

The full weld-in bar is completely welded with the exception of the rear bars to the wheel wells. If you want the bar to be completely weld-in, they can ship the rear bars separately so that they can be welded in place. I just found this out and thought everyone should know. The reason is that it won't fit in the car if everything is welded in place before install.

Specs:
    Tubing = 1.75 X .120 DOM
    SCCA Solo Class Legal
    BMWCCA Legal (if turned into a full cage later, i.e., the tubing meets existing requirements)

Shipping could be a major savings for anyone ordering together. I was quoted $93 for 1-2 bars, with it going up slightly for each additional bar thereafter. There is a 120lb minimum for shipping (which is the $93), which means once you go over this, its by actual weight. They also indicated that bars shipped in multi-packs can be crated for safer shipping.

Let me know if you're in - I'll be posting more details tomorrow, and will be sharing with a few other sites if interest isn't sufficient here.

The following are shots of the Kirk Bar made for an e36. I know, not much help, but they should give you an indication of quality.

They're trying to find photos of the e30 version. I'll post them once they're available.[/b]

[EDIT] New Pic. Not the best. This is a full cage but the rear bar is exactly the same as what most are interested in. I've been promised more photos by Monday so I'll make sure those get up as soon as I get them.

[EDIT] New Pics: Still trying to get a couple better shots of the main hoop as it runs the B-pillar to the floor.

Driving is the only way to go faster....

One for me.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

i want to see the e30 pics if you find any.
      is black the only paint option?

how many people do you have for the gb so far?

Comment

I'll check on paint colors but I recall black being the only color. At this time, I have 2 definites, and another 3 considering it. It just posted yesterday so it may take a few days to get sufficient confirmations but I think getting 3 will be easy. I'm awaiting info on the pics from an e30.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnell 318
          i want to see the e30 pics if you find any.
          is black the only paint option?

how many people do you have for the gb so far?
          Do you ever actually buy anything, or just post interest in everything you see?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
            Do you ever actually buy anything, or just post interest in everything you see?
            i didnt know asking questions wasnt allowed, especially when i am looking at buying somthing :roll:

maybe i become uninterested after i get the answers

Comment

Yeah, some pics of the E30 version would be nice. It might temp me into getting one.

Comment

The bars can be ordered unpainted - same price though. No cabrio version is available. They're looking for pics and I'll get them up as soon as possible. I know one person on a forum has one so I'm trying to get him to send me some.

Comment

If the fitment is anywhere near what the e36 one is i'll be down for one. The bars follow the headliner and interior panels very well. I'm not clear what you were saying about the shipping though? Would they be shipped in the same crate?

Comment

They are shipped in a yellow freight or like freight company box truck or semi truck. That is why one cage doesn't get a good rate, If you fill the truck it's cheaper for fuel and delivery cost due to less stops to fill the truck.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I'm still trying to get photos of this installed in an e30. However, everyone I've spoken to who has one in any car has indicated that they are excellent fits, and very well made. I have a few shots of a used bar outside of a car but it looks just like the e36 one that's already posted so it won't help any.

For those who have expressed an interest (noted below), I'm estimating that if everyone here and those I've identified elsewhere were to buy one of these, we can get the 10+ pricing by merging this with another GB that's going on. Kirk has indicated that since they're all BMW's, they'd allow them to be considered one GB for the purpose of total count. However, I'd need to get total confirmed buyers with orders no later than the 16th.

Schnell318
                      Avus_325is
                      M-technik-3
                      Myself
                      [EDIT] rwdDrifter (2)

Comment

I've posted a new pic. Have one other that I'm waiting for before I begin to order.

Comment

Here's an update - I'm waiting on a new pic of the main hoop as it follows the b-pillar to the floor. This will likely be the only other pic I'll be able to get.

Kirk has indicated that we need only 5 bars to hit 10. Once we get 5 confirmed orders, they'll begin the production process. If you're ready to order, pm me with you name and the number of bars, and the zip code it will be shipped to. Also, make sure you have a business that can accept the order or the shipping willl be much higher. Once received, I'll send you the info necessary to place your order with Kirk.

Comment

Hey Modified E30,
                            Please drop me from the buy list since my brother needed to borrow my money that i saved for paying his summer school tuition. :( It looks really nice, all the others on the list should jump on this, the quality looks great, unfortunately family comes first.

-gil

Comment

JUST 2 DAYS LEFT PEOPLE

Comment

Working...
                              X