Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: Project 1988 M3 rolling chassis, no engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Project 1988 M3 rolling chassis, no engine.

Hey all,

I bought this car from member 'Blyguy' on s14.net in April, 2015 with the goal of converting it back to a street car with an S54 engine swap. I had it shipped from San Diego to my home in Long Island, NY about 1.5 hours east of Manhattan, which is where it is currently garaged and has been all the time. I did this because it was a California car its whole life which is great for a clean, rust free chassis, excellent seal condition, and I wanted something I'd feel less guilty about throwing an S54 in.

The car came with a roll cage that I decided to start cutting out of the car. The rear cage is still in the car as I had to shift my focus on a different build for the race season last year and as well as this year. My goal was to cut the rear cage out intact, clean it up and reinstall it in the car as an E30 M3 "GT3RS" style street half cage before re-painting the entire car the original color.

As for the history of the car, the car was purchased in Newhall, California in August, 1988. The car was a street driven bone-stocker up until it was converted into a BMWCCA J-stock race car around, I believe, 2001 by a long time member of the BMWCCA in that region (first name Louis I think?). Then the Sykes brothers purchased the car in 2010 and it was in their possession until they decided to sell the car in 2013 after they spun the rod bearing on the S14. At that point, 'Blyguy' and his friend purchased the car without motor and intended to rebuild the car to their liking. They ended up buying something else and that's when I came in and picked it up last year in April.

The title is clean; no salvage, theft, etc. The title as well as a Carfax report can be seen in the link below. Only issue is an odometer inconsistency, which is classic E30. The car is a roller with H&R race springs and Bilstein HD shocks, stock getrag trans, driveshaft, rear diff with finned M-cover, shifter, and brakes. There are a couple of S14 things as well, like the engine harness, airbox, oil cooler, and power steering pump. Everything depicted in the link below you will be getting. Windows, window motors and regulators as well as sunroof motor still there. Unfortunately, there's no windshield as the previous owner couldn't get it back from his body guy prior to shipping to me.

Please note, the pictures in the link below are ones that the previous owner took for me. The car is basically identical to those with the exception of the roll cage and that there is a front bumper. Every body panel is original to the car, but when the front right fender was re-sprayed they sprayed over the VIN tag. I can take any pictures by request and send via text (number below)

In addition, I will also include things I procured to rebuild the car which will help the next owner. Consists of an excellent condition cardinal red carpet, cardinal red door cards, excellent crack free dash board, complete HVAC system box with ducting and bowden cables, startec tail lights, brand new Markus CF DTM replica wing, and brand new Massive Lee DTM twin master cylinder brake pedal box with Tilton 7/16" balance bar and master cylinders (this isn't needed as stock booster, MC and brake pedal are there. Was going to use it for my S54).

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

$13,500 takes what I've listed. There are other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. Will consider trades, especially for E30 S5x swaps in good shape. Coupe, sedan or touring.

Quickest and best contact is to text me at sixThree16eightzero941six

Damn good luck with sale, would love to pick this up! Damn expensive CA!
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
      Damn good luck with sale, would love to pick this up! Damn expensive CA!
      Thanks. FYI, I paid $1500 for shipping from San Diego to New York in an enclosed trailer. I can forward you the company name so you can go direct and avoid broker fees and pay even less :)

Comment

still available?
        1991 E30 M3 Brilliant/black - S54B32/5M
        1990 E30 318iT RHD Lagunagrun/tan - S52B32Turbo/5M
        2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M
        1991 E31 850i red/grey/6M
        1997 F355 spider red/tan/6M

Comment

E30 m3

Originally posted by 2.5-12 View Post
          still available?
          Nope!