Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 325i vert with hardtop+husco//Oakville, Canada

1988 325i vert with hardtop+husco//Oakville, Canada

We have a 1988 E30 325i automatic convertible for sale. Royalblau on tan, blue soft top and black hard top. 174xxx kms on the odo with a rebuilt title. Asking $2500US, but very open to offers and can sell without hardtop, wheels and spare parts (see below).

I?ll start with the appearance of the car: it was repainted at some point in a non-OEM shade of blue. We bought the car with a large dent on the driver?s rear quarter panel, which upon repair was resprayed the OEM Royalblau. Although the two shades are noticeably different, the blending was very well done along the side.

The front valance and both doors have small amounts of rust forming on the edges in the typical E30 spots, and a part of the inner handle assembly has become loose inside the driver?s door and does rattle a bit on closing (it works fine). All four power windows work perfectly and seal well. There is a bit of bubbling on the rockers. The rear bumper impact strip has separated a bit on the driver?s side. The trunk is equipped from the factory with only one lift strut, which makes it sit higher on driver?s side . The missing trim piece on the driver's side is now reinstalled.

Typical E30 chassis rust in the front jack points and the left trunk tray was addressed with new metal in 2013. It currently sits on a set of Goodyear Nordic winters on OEM bottlecaps; another set of nearly-new Falken Sincera tires on the OEM basketweaves with caps (full set of 5) is included at asking price.

The front seats were completely redone in 2014 with high-quality vinyl and show well. The rears haven?t yet been done, but the only damage is a split at the top seam. There are a couple of tears in the driver?s door card and a rip in the carpet above the transmission tunnel in the rear. It includes a genuine Husco armrest with a fully functional sliding cupholder insert.

Everything inside works, although the speedo seems to be having a connector issue, as it tends to die every once in a while. The OEM radio was replaced with a Pioneer unit in the early 2000s, which works well. It also has a 13-button OBC. The dashboard is crack free! OEM E30 sport steering wheel. Squeaky blower motor; a replacement motor and new resistor are included at asking price. The hardtop seals are in good shape although the headliner is coming undone around the edges. The softtop is in decent condition with good seals as well, but the rear window is coming undone.

A replacement engine with a rebuilt head was installed at about 160xxx kms (a broken spark plug wrecked the original. New radiator in 2012. New Continental timing and accessory belts, tensioner and water pump installed this summer along with a valve adjustment. New battery in early 2015 along with rear brakes. We replaced the gas tank, rear shocks/mounts and springs with OEM units as well.

New front brake parts and front tie rod ends are included at asking price. Rebuilt 4.10 limited-slip and new OEM Bosal muffler, but it sounds as though there is a small leak from the downpipes on cold starts. Castrol GTX oil changes every 7500 kms and zero leaks. The transmission shifts well through all gears, and the driveshaft centre bearing and flex disc are three months old. It will eventually need new rear wheel bearings and perhaps subframe bushings (included in the sale). The AC system has been disconnected?we have no idea if it works.
    Included parts at asking price:
    -Rear trailing arm bushings
    -Subframe bushings
    -Front brake pads and rotors
    -Tie rod assemblies
    -Blower motor and resistor
    -Auxiliary fan
    -Fuel filler door and neck
    -Spare tailight lenses (cracked)
    -Front brake ducts
    -Several sensors and connectors

I CAN HELP WITH USA IMPORT

List Date: 2/21/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1988 325i vert with hardtop+husco//Oakville, Canada
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $2,500.00

--------------------------------------

Sold, thanks! Hardtop is still available however.

Comment

Working...
    X