Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30S54 - Scale Suspension / Unix Performance Coilovers - 17x8 and 17x9 BBS E50

Comment

Wow! Those look tasty

Comment

Hey BBS entusiasts, I have a question. I'm reassembling my rc090's and I'm having a hard time getting the splined bolts into the holes. Do you guys have any tips? They're not easy to put in and I don't wanna risk forcing it in the wrong way and stripping the holes. Should I try some WD40 or other penetrating oil, or a lubricant, to get them to slide in? The bolts are fairly new and look brand new with no corrosion or anything. All I've seen online are people hammering them in or threading a nut on the back and forcing them though, and that seems like it could potentially damage the splines on the barrels.

TL;DR, need to get my splined bolts in asap, help?
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lepage View Post
          Wow, those are gonna be sweet! I like how you guys are mounting the center caps too
          sigpic

Comment

Vivek- rubber mallet & tap them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

There's the finished product of e38 style 5 with polished lips painted grimmspeed goldClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	7164562

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                Hey BBS entusiasts, I have a question. I'm reassembling my rc090's and I'm having a hard time getting the splined bolts into the holes. Do you guys have any tips? They're not easy to put in and I don't wanna risk forcing it in the wrong way and stripping the holes. Should I try some WD40 or other penetrating oil, or a lubricant, to get them to slide in? The bolts are fairly new and look brand new with no corrosion or anything. All I've seen online are people hammering them in or threading a nut on the back and forcing them though, and that seems like it could potentially damage the splines on the barrels.

TL;DR, need to get my splined bolts in asap, help?
                I doubt you will get them pressed all the way in.

Just give them a tap with a dead blow, as mentioned. Enough to get the splines started, and than let the nut pull them all the way through.

Comment

BBS STYLE 5 everlasting QUESTION

Originally posted by rasjgo1 View Post
                  http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...3#post26575553

Any one done this yet??
                  Or does anyone know how it done or even the waffle part # needed to attempt this
                  whats good family has anyone find out a way to make the rs waffle fit to a style five wheel yet

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by formula driver View Post
                      I doubt you will get them pressed all the way in.

Just give them a tap with a dead blow, as mentioned. Enough to get the splines started, and than let the nut pull them all the way through.
                      Kind of what I did but I just used a rubber mallet to get splines started then put nut on back and finished pulling splined bolt through.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                      sigpic
                      Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
                        Kind of what I did but I just used a rubber mallet to get splines started then put nut on back and finished pulling splined bolt through.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                        Thats exactly what I just described. lol

Comment

Would anyone know if 30-hole OZ/MSW lips would work as replacement lips for BBS RS003's?

Thanks in advance

Documentation of my 1991 BMW 318iS

Comment

Does anybody have experience running 75 mm studs with BBS RS001 15x7 et25? Will the caps clear the studs with or without spacer ect..

Comment

Originally posted by dvnchrstphr View Post
                              Would anyone know if 30-hole OZ/MSW lips would work as replacement lips for BBS RS003's?

Thanks in advance
                              Need some machining as the center of the 003 is slightly larger than the MSW. The bolt holes also need to be enlarged. Doable though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what these are? And what their value is? Sorry I don't have a better camera than the one on my phone.

How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X