Question on side mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on side mirrors

Noticed my passenger side mirror extremely magnifies objects and leaves a huge blind spot. Any one else experiencing this anomaly?
    ~Stay Thirsty~

lol. how long have you been driving? every mirror on every car ever made does that. "objects in mirror are closer than they appear". sound familiar?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Mine only does it when I drive near equatorial poles, the Bermuda Triangle, or other magnetic anomalies.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        lol. how long have you been driving? every mirror on every car ever made does that. "objects in mirror are closer than they appear". sound familiar?
        Driving for 3+ years. This is like 20x magnification and only appears on passenger side. Every time I come to a stop I think I'm going to get rear ended.
        ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

LOL @ OP's post. I actually want to see this mirror now. Pics?

Comment

Maybe it's not the stock mirror? They did make some wide-angle ones, not many. That should help blind spots though, not hurt them. No normal mirror is able to magnify objects...
            Originally posted by nando View Post
            That warning is the opposite of magnification, just to be clear. Objects are closer than they appear because they are being distanced by the mirror, not magnified.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

The silver backing behind the mirror might be peeling off...

Comment

the producers of star trek have been looking for their intergalactic time warp module. i am pretty sure you found it.

the mirror on the passenger side is somewhat convex. it is supposed to give you a slightly better viewing area and less blind spots. this means that the objects in that mirror are smaller then they really are. if you see something other than that, i assume someone has changed the lens at some point. my suggestion would be to go find another mirror to install.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I have the same issue. I bought a used passenger side mirror and it made things WAY too magnified.

Just get another spare mirror. They're easy to replace.
                  My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

my e30 had a wide angle mirror. You should look for one if it bothers you.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Mirrors are for racers that need to defend. I don't have that problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X