Coming To r3v For Diagnostic Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming To r3v For Diagnostic Help...

Long story short. I have two weeks till school starts, I work 70+ hours a week, and theres no one in my town that is competent enough to take the car to. Its a 99 528i touring auto. Heres the story. Drove roughly 10 miles from my house to the gfs. Car ran flawless and had been running fine since I replaced the TB. Shut the car off, then we decided to get breakfast, went to start the car about 45 seconds after shutting it off and no start.. Just cranked.

I have spark and fuel up to the rail but the injectors arent spraying.

Hooked it up to INPA and its throwing BMW codes

209 (EWS, content of message)
    128 (EWS signal not present or faulty)
    169 (MDK final stage shut off)
    68 (EVAP system, purge control valve circuit)
    115 (Output voltage 5V for potentiometer operation 1)
    53 ( Idle control valve opening coil)
    27 ( Idle control valve closing coil)
    21 (VANOS solenoid activation, intake)
    19 ( VANOS solenoid activation, exhaust)
    110 (Pedal sensor potentiometer 1)
    172 (Pedal sensor potentiometer short between two potentiometer paths).

Ive searched and havent found anything similar to this. Since this thing shit out I had to spend my tuition money on a new daily and really need to get this thing fixed and sold so any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is a shitload of codes. The first thing i would start with would be ews. I would guess off the top of my head you have a major short in the body or engine wiring harness.

Why would you just go out and buy another car? That seems silly to me? Why dont you take it to an indie bmw shop and at least have them diagnose it? The labor cost would be a hell of a lot cheaper than another vehicle.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 08-11-2014, 07:55 AM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

MThere are no indie bmw shops where he lives, there are very few indie import shops either afaik
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        That is a shitload of codes. The first thing i would start with would be ews. I would guess off the top of my head you have a major short in the body or engine wiring harness.

Why would you just go out and buy another car? That seems silly to me? Why dont you take it to an indie bmw shop and at least have them diagnose it? The labor cost would be a hell of a lot cheaper than another vehicle.

EWS was my initial thought too but if it was the EWS then it wouldnt have spark. And like sleeve said, no indie shops.

And I bought another car because I needed awd. My school is at 7000ft and the e39 is terrible in the snow, it was for sale anyways and I didnt want to dump anymore money in the thing. Go figure..
        Last edited by MF DOOM; 03-02-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Could be a weak fuel pump, did you check the pressure at the rail? I've also seen loose gas caps cause evap codes.

Comment

Working...
          X