No announcement yet.

This is Sofie- Now w/ 5 lug and MT-2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I decided to clean the garage a bit, it was getting ridiculous.

The S50 outside:

Kinda done, it was getting late and I was just happy I could get my E30 in the garage.

Oh and I hope everyone likes the pics, I had to upgrade my hosting account, everyone is eating my bandwidths!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
      I love your build, time to PARTY!

Unce.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Stop that!

Comment

<3
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Would you mind sharing the radiator and fan PN's? I need those :O)

Awesome build btw!
            Originally posted by blunttech
            Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Let me find the invoices...

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                <3
                Love you man xD that was epic!

To the OP, you are doing such a great job. That motor looks amazing and clean. I still cannot get over the headers. They are pure art!(please don't wrap them)
                ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Nice work man! Glad to see it coming along so quickly

Originally posted by Roysneon
                  $5 shipped?
                  Originally posted by MarkD
                  You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Originally posted by giantkeeper View Post
                    Would you mind sharing the radiator and fan PN's? I need those :O)

Awesome build btw!

To the OP, you are doing such a great job. That motor looks amazing and clean. I still cannot get over the headers. They are pure art!(please don't wrap them)
                    They're already on the engine and that was a bitch and a half with all of those bends, so it's safe to say I won't be taking them off to wrap. ;)

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
                    Nice work man! Glad to see it coming along so quickly
                    Thanks Sam. When is yours going off to the exhaust shop? I haven't made my rounds at E30tech yet.

Comment

Hopefully this week. Got my windows working and the ride height adjusted this weekend. V-Bands will be here today and hopefully Dom can borrow the trailor he uses and help me get it to the guy I want to use. Same guy that built his cage I hoping I can get to do my exhaust.

Originally posted by Roysneon
                      $5 shipped?
                      Originally posted by MarkD
                      You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

I never thought bumping that thread would bring the sheer trolling fest it did. I want more on this build, and if you decide to "modify" the front subframe to clear a mechanical fan I will beat you with a pipewrench.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                          I want more on this build, and if you decide to "modify" the front subframe to clear a mechanical fan I will beat you with a pipewrench.
                          I see what you did there....

Comment

Since I didn't feel like getting covered in soda and I didn't feel like sweating in the garage today, I decided to work on the new body harness instead.

The new harness is out of a 1991 325ic with a build date of 11/90 or so the date stamp on the various looms say.

It at some point had what looks like an alarm system or something. So I started repairing.

But I did print this out first to help. Sectioned and labeled at that. :)

1992 as it was pretty definite as to how everything should be, all design problems sorted by then.

Lots of these:

Removed:

Soldered back together and shrink wrapped.

More

Looky there more!

I don't even know about this part:

WTF is this even?!

Next up was the airbag stuff. FYI I did write down all of the splice #s and locations if you want to completely remove it from your harness. LMK if you want a step by step.

SRS fault light in the check panel:

In the main power splice:

Switched power splice:

But after a while I got it all out.

And continued fixing things here and there. Quite a few snipped wires I wasn't aware of.

If anyone needs to know what a particular harness or section looks like, now is the time for questions before it get rewrapped in a few days. ;)

Comment

That funny looking thing you can't identify looks to be hooked up to the high beam plug. I'm guessing It's some kind of aftermarket resistor designed to keep the check panel from flashing. If the PO was running HIDs It's possible he was getting a light out notification and stuck a resistor in there to shut it up.

Comment

You can see another wire running from it, I figured they were running something or another off of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X