No announcement yet.

Raising money for cancer research..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, I need to add pics and stuff. there really weren't any great pics, but it was disgustingly wet on the first day. And I was pretty much dead to the world for the first week after the ride.. lol
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Glad to hear it went well! My ride is in a month. Still have around $700 to reach my goal of what I've pledged to raise.
      91 318is M50 swapped
      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

nando

I missed this post. Thank you and all the r3v ppl. I had cancer (3.8 years cancer free). I appreciate you guys more than you can know.

Is this an annual event?

Comment

it is, but I don't think I'm going to do it this year.

Part of the reason is the sponsor - Enbridge. I understand the foundation itself couldn't turn down the sponsorship, which I'm sure is millions of dollars in support of cancer research. But there is great irony (and a little hypocrisy) in a company that makes its money pumping known carcinogens across the continent while simultaneously funding research on a disease that's at least partially caused by their own products.

doesn't mean I won't do other cancer rides, runs, or other types of races, just probably not this one again.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yeah, funny how stuff like that happens. So my Red Lemons Racing team raised money for Prostate cancer. We raised a whopping 300 bucks but it helped we did it via Facebook. Guess our guy that had one thing to do the facebook page really didn't put any effort into it.

Debating if next year we are going away from our theme.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

facebook sucks for raising money, I raised exactly $0 on facebook.

actually, scratch that, facebook generally sucks. :p
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

good to see that a car enthusiast community helped you with your research, my aunt passed from cervical cancer not too long ago, and a friend of mine has just been diagnosed with it too. sucks to hear people go through it :(
                Originally posted by dvck
                I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Yeah. I've been lucky so far with my family. But cancer is basically inevitable.

Haven't done the ride again for a while. Everyone else dropped out that was in our group, and i was the only one who really tried anyway. But there are always more events in the future. :)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    Yeah. I've been lucky so far with my family. But cancer is basically inevitable.

Haven't done the ride again for a while. Everyone else dropped out that was in our group, and i was the only one who really tried anyway. But there are always more events in the future. :)

Don't need a group. I will donate again if you ride :)
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                    X