No announcement yet.

keys locked in trunk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borrow car, drive to Home Depot, buy battery powered saws all, bring saws all home, return borrowed car, put e30 on stand, cut out spare tire well which is already rusted through, grab keys, drive to junk yard, find non rusty spare tire well, cut it out with your new favorite tool, go home, rivet non rusty tire well into truck and water proof with seam sealer. DONE! lol
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by Chessmaster View Post
      If you have any e30 friends im sure one of there keys will work. If not try what accident said.
      Um...

--Mike
      (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I would more readily bust a light than pop out the center ski-pass plate

Comment

how does it lock without the key?
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Now that Im home (at work actually lol) I can give more details...

My car has no power locks, manual everything. I keep my trunk in the "locked" position (keyhole is vertical). We ended up having to drill out the lock. I already have another trunk lock on its way, but not sure if I can have a locksmith match the tumblers to my current key. I dont want multiple keys for this car.

I was on vacation 1200 miles from home and was about to drive home the next day so busting the tailight was also not an option.

And yes, I just installed the Lukebox prior to the drive up.

This vacation forced my hand at doing some things I had planned on doing later. First is having a second key hidden somewhere accessible. The other was getting a Spal puller fan to replace the crap pusher fan that almost overheated my new engine when I got stuck in a ridiculous backup in the middle of "Jefferson" aka WAY north CA
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
              I think I would rather take out a tail light to get the keys than my trunk lock
              Actually, a new trunk lock is not expensive and probably easier than finding a nice early tailight. (And they are easy to re-key.)
              2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
              2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
              1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
              1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
              - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
              1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
              1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
              Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                Call the dealer, they keep key cut outs by VIN, in an emergency they can request the key to be cut locally instead of in Germany.
                This is what I did.

Locked keys in E30
                Bussed myself to the BMW dealer and gave them ID for ownership of vehicle
                Got key code for my e30 key
                bussed to local locksmith and I had a new key for $23
                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                  Actually, a new trunk lock is not expensive and probably easier than finding a nice early tailight. (And they are easy to re-key.)
                  But I keep a spare tail in the trunk... No joke it keeps the spare bulbs from breaking and disappearing. Lol
                  Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                  Bimmerbuddies LLC
                  717-388-1256
                  2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                  bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X