Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wastegate setup questions

Hey y'all,

Finally some good news with the build! Tonight I hit 9psi! My wastegate spring is set to 8psi. I only got one run hitting 9psi as my rubber intake boot popped. I am replacing it with silicone once my megasquirt comes and am deleting my ICV.

I was not able to make more than 5psi until tonight. I made one change. I plugged the top port of the wastegate. I have the bottom port hooked up to a tap on the turbo.

From my online research, I am supposed to leave the top port to atmosphere. A local turbo guru told me to plug the top port.

The wastegate is a 44mm v-band CXRacing.

Can somebody please clarify how to run the vacuum lines?

Thanks!
    1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Originally posted by Chris Spiegl View Post
    Hey y'all,

Finally some good news with the build! Tonight I hit 9psi! My wastegate spring is set to 8psi. I only got one run hitting 9psi as my rubber intake boot popped. I am replacing it with silicone once my megasquirt comes and am deleting my ICV.

I was not able to make more than 5psi until tonight. I made one change. I plugged the top port of the wastegate. I have the bottom port hooked up to a tap on the turbo.

From my online research, I am supposed to leave the top port to atmosphere. A local turbo guru told me to plug the top port.

The wastegate is a 44mm v-band CXRacing.

Can somebody please clarify how to run the vacuum lines?

Thanks!
    It should be left open. Are you 100% sure it's a 8psi spring in the gate?

Plugging it seems like it just allowed the atmospheric side of the diaphragm to be held with some pressure which opposed the pressure side, holding the gate shut till pressure overcame it at 9psi.

I also would leave idle air in, not sure if Megasquirt has a IACV lock, but my VEMS did and it would hold to 10psi before I started seeing WGDC going up for the pressure drop from a leak.
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Working...
    X