Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct part number for window trim piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct part number for window trim piece?

Hey everybody,

I recently replaced some of the rotted rear window gaskets in my 'vert. However, when I went to move the window up, the vertical piece that separates the front and rear windows somehow got caught in the new gaskets, popped off, and fell inside the body panel (under the window mechanism).

I've given up trying to fish it out, and can't figure out any way to access the area under rear window.

Checking out realoem.com, I found this part 51361922167-BOE (part #12 in the picture). But after getting it, it's a flexible rubber piece with a hook shape at one end, and not the hard plastic divider that's i'm looking for.

anybody know what the right part number is? I've attached a picture of what I'm looking for.

and, is there anyway to access the space under the rear window?

thanks!
    Attached Files

Doesn't that come attached to the rear glass?

Side note, where did you get the gasket from? I meet to replace both sides.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
    -Mario Andretti.

1991 E30 325ic, AW, Black Leather, Black top, Three Pedals.

Comment

I recently had to replace the motors, so if you want to access, I think the best place is either through that way (removing the windows) or possibly through the fender lining (Not too sure about this though)?

Comment

Originally posted by M_3_X View Post
        Doesn't that come attached to the rear glass?

Side note, where did you get the gasket from? I meet to replace both sides.
        yep, unfortunately, the (metal and plastic) piece snapped off of the window.

OK, just realized that this piece comes with the window. Guess I'll be replacing the whole assembly...

Comment

Originally posted by cspec View Post
          I recently had to replace the motors, so if you want to access, I think the best place is either through that way (removing the windows) or possibly through the fender lining (Not too sure about this though)?
          thanks, how big of a job is getting the rear window out? How much do you have to take off?

Comment

Originally posted by chemprof View Post
            thanks, how big of a job is getting the rear window out? How much do you have to take off?
            I think you start taking the back seat off, then the speaker cover so you can take the rest of the covers off. I wouldn't think you need to take the actual window out.
            -Mario Andretti.

Comment

I found taking out the window pretty straight forward.

But like the other member said, you could probably do without having to take the window out, You just have to take the seat and panels out, after that if you roll the window up, you could get an extension to reach down there.

Comment

To be clear, it's the piece that separates the edges of the front and rear glass?

I bought that part from the dealer and replaced it without removing the window.
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                  To be clear, it's the piece that separates the edges of the front and rear glass?

It's the hard piece that attaches to the rear glass. His fell down in the hole of no return.
                  -Mario Andretti.

Comment

Originally posted by M_3_X View Post
                    It's the hard piece that attaches to the rear glass. His fell down in the hole of no return.
                    Indeed, I just removed the window and dug the hard piece out of the hole of no return (Ha!).

After reattaching it, I realized that the rubber piece I ordered (#12) fits INTO the hard piece on the rear quarter window of the convertible. So, the parts diagram is correct.

Thanks everybody!

Comment

Indeed, I just removed the window and dug the hard piece out of the hole of no return (Ha!).

After reattaching it, I realized that the rubber piece I ordered (#12) fits INTO the hard piece on the rear quarter window of the convertible. So, the parts diagram is correct.

Thanks everybody!
                      Correct, the rear edge of the front window slides on that gasket. (It has some felt material)
                      Glad you got it back!
                      -Mario Andretti.

Comment

I recently ordered these parts. (Metal and rubber divider) Do I need to any type of silicone install this on the rear quarter window?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                          I recently ordered these parts. (Metal and rubber divider) Do I need to any type of silicone install this on the rear quarter window?
                          Nyet
                          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                          Alice the Time Capsule
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Nyet
                            Seems like I do. I tried fitting it onto the window and it seemed a bit loose. Anyone else have experience.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bump. Has anybody actually replaced this? Or does everyone just swap out the glass?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X