Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 owner. Help get my car sorted. Identifying wires/connectors

Hello all,

I was hoping to get a few quick answers as I sort through various wires and connectors that are laying in my engine bay. Previous owner did some interesting stuff. Thanks for any assistance!

1989 E30 325i with M20b25

First pic:
    Long cable with three wires in it. It has two pass through grommets on the outside but I am unsure of where it goes/went.

Second pic:
    Laying near drivers front headlight. Two pin with one pin lower than the other.

Third Pic:
    I just wanted to confirm this open line is the fuel breather line that went to the missing charcoal canister.

Fourth Pic:
    I just wanted to confirm this is the purge valve under the throttle body. Has a bolt in it blocking flow to what used to be the charcoal canister.

Ok maybe google drive is putting people off.

First pic:

Second pic:

Comment

image 1: no idea
      image 2: looks like the oil level sensor plug? is it close to the oil level sensor in the sump?

Comment

1st pic - don't know
        2nd pic - left front brake pad wear sensor
        3rd pic - you're right, I plugged a small aftermarket (cheap) in-line fuel filter into it to keep out trash and insects on my track car
        4th pic - you're right

Comment

Thank you both for the replies. I will check into the front left brake pad sensor connection. Not sure why it is just hanging out in the engine bay near the headlight.

The first pic is a mystery. It was cut when I got it. It was laying over the front driver shock tower and ended just behind the front headlight. I will keep looking.

Thanks!

Comment

1. looks like Aux fan wires..
            2. looks like abs sensor connector or brake pad wear.
            3. ?
            4. ?
            sigpic

Comment

Pic 2--foglight?

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Pic 2 is for the brake pad wear sensor for sure.
                Pic 1 is what bothers me now. Three wires that run through the firewall up on the drivers side fender and was laying near the front lights. The cable was cut but it does still have two grommets that look like they used to pass through another piece of sheetmetal. Maybe this went to the oil level sensor at some point. My car looks to have a block off plate where the sensor used to go.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Have you tried searching for the first wire from inside the car to see where it leads up to?
                  1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                  1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Note the color of the wires in the unknown, and then compare them with the appropriate ETM that can be seen on wedophones.com

m

Comment

Working...
                    X