Oil Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Pump

I'm in the middle of doing a 3.0 strokeron my m20 and I was wondering, is it worth spending $330 for a bmw oil pump, just go for a Febi oil pump which is $200, or reuse my oil pump?

Get a 324td, Oilpump when your at it :) delivers better pressure.
    Don't hang with your head, if you stand in a pile of shit :neutral:

Comment

Originally posted by Blach178 View Post
      Get a 324td, Oilpump when your at it :) delivers better pressure.
      interesting... is it really? I just ordered new M20 pump. should I cancel the order and order 324td? Is it really worth the upgrade?

To OP....if you are rebuilding your motor, new pump is definitely worth $300.

Comment

That td pump was likely sized to supply oil to the turbo. It might just be a waste of power on a N/A motor. Has anyone had problems with oil pressure/volume with an m20 (that wasn't caused by a lack of oil supply to the pump)?

Comment

would probably want a restrictor in the sprayer bar to stop the oil pooling into the head at high rpm
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I was just curious it was worth going OEM or aftermarket.

Comment

The b25 oil pump has plenty of volume, and if you cap the pressure relief valve, they have 90psi cold and 70psi hot pressures. A couple of my racing buddies deleted their relief and no issues with pooling oil.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by E30arsen View Post
                I was just curious it was worth going OEM or aftermarket.
                OE would be what id do if you are doing a decent $$$ build
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Cool, thanks for the advice.

Comment

The aftermarket may also be the OEM supplier. I know this was a case with Febi for a while. They had come from the same mold, but then stamped with either Febi or BMW markings. Don't think Febi's are available any more?

Not sure what the case is now.

FYI, I do fully-rebuilt (using all OEM bits [gears/spring/etc.]) pumps. Several pumps running on SpecE30's and stroker builds.
                    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
                    X