Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never knew Dinan made ix stuff. Pretty cool!

*Beautiful ix BTW
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I'm pretty sure they didn't, but they did experiment with them a bit. probably just a drop in kit from another model BMW. Looks super clean though!

They built Satch Carlson's turbo ix. really nice car too. He said the springs they put on his were really too short, it would often bottom out when he was doing rallies with it.

we need more measurements of different setups *cough* audiquattrot *cough*
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thank you guys. The car has a few other Dinan goodies on it and it's a blast to drive. I'm glad to be back in an E30, specially an iX. I've had a few in the past so it was only right to get into another one.

Comment

Here's my 1990 325ix sedan with sport package, imported from Canada last year. I'm running Ground Control coilovers and camber plates, not sure of the spring rates at the moment. The car is fairly low, some would say slammed, for an ix...

Here's a photo from the day I bought it. Since this shot it has been raised up about an inch for practicality.

Comment

looks really nice - are you in WA? Also, we need measurements. :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              looks really nice - are you in WA? Also, we need measurements. :p
              Sometimes I'm in Seattle, sometimes I'm in CA. Depends on the time of year. What should I be measuring?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebmw.com View Post
                Sometimes I'm in Seattle, sometimes I'm in CA. Depends on the time of year. What should I be measuring?
                Ride height man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

see the first post :)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Height of what? Center of the fenders? Bumpers? Trim?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebmw.com View Post
                      Height of what? Center of the fenders? Bumpers? Trim?
                      Center of wheel center cap to the fender lip for both front and rear..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Here's my 1989 Dinan IX - Just bought it thus no measurements yet

Hello,

I just bought mine thus I don't have more details or measurements except to say its a Diana IX Turbo where Dinan in CA did all the work. Springs and shocks/struts being part of the Dinan package. It was suggested they are Dinan IX specific but can't confirm yet except that it was done at Dinan.
                        The wheels I am told are 15x7.5" in place of the standard 15x7" but I cannot confirm that at this time. Tires are 205/55/15.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Max325ix; 09-24-2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Going to be buying springs very soon for my ix. I like the height of the H&R Sports, but I think the back sits to low. I remember reading in some thread that you can use cabriolet springs in the back to get a little bit of forward rake. Anybody know what springs can be used?
                          89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                          I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

How low can it go without risking damage to my awd system?

Comment

unless you shorten the housings and run coilovers, you're not going to damage anything. And anyway, the only thing that could possibly be damaged from lowering are the CV shafts, which can wear out a bit faster.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ground control Camber/Caster plates. Unmodified front strut housings. Billy HD shocks. GC RSM's.
                                430F/600R linear rate springs. Treehouse racing M3 offset solid FCAB's.
                                Compomotive MO1561 wheels w/ Silverstone Gravel Rally tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X