Which fuel pump is the one for my e30 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which fuel pump is the one for my e30 ?

Currently confused in which is the right fuel pump that belongs in my car.. I checked realoem and it shows two ?

Part#16141179232

Part#16141178751

And why does it say conjuction with presupply pump ?

FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
    My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

dont some etas have dual pump (in tank and under car) and some single in tank only?
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      dont some etas have dual pump (in tank and under car) and some single in tank only?
      This might be true as to why realoem gives me both part numbers..?

Comment

The early ETA cars up to approx 88 used two fuel pumps one pre supply pump located in the fuel tank and a second main higher pressure pump on the chassis underside just in front of the rear wheel.You need to buy the right pump to work with the low pressure in tank pump.If you are not in a rush ,you can buy an original pump from other sources like eBay for a much lower price ,I bought an original main pump in the original Bosch box brand new for 60.00.

Comment

Or you can convert to a single intank Walbro for better performance for like $80 vs $300+
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by 1843lamp View Post
            I bought an original main pump in the original Bosch box brand new for 60.00.
            When was this tho ? The lowest i've found a pump so far was 112 with shipping included

Comment

Or go with Tre pump for about $65 ea. I don't know if they make pump for pre-1988 E30s. Check their website.

Comment

I bought the fuel pump about 1-1/2 months ago ,at the time he had two but i think the other one went as well ,I buy most of my original Nos parts this way but it takes a lot of time and patience ,my car is not a daily driver quite yet.I just bought a set of NOS "ES" Hella fog lights complete with housings and bulbs for 60.00 ,I could not pass them up .

Comment

Nah I rather keep it all oem.

Comment

Do not buy Airtex. I bought one and it did not last six months.

Comment

Some things on realoem aren't as straightforward as the others. I googled both these part numbers and on an autohausaz page I found info listing both bmw numbers as cross references.

So what I think is in the beginning they were different pumps. Either different brand or factory. Or there was some random reasoning for having the two different part numbers. Sometimes these things get lost in translation.

Looking at the pictures (which isn't the best way to do it) the Bosch 69414 includes bolts, rubber caps, electrical connectors, and is listed as "universal." I believe the 69418 is intended to be the bmw specific one, without the extra bolts etc one might use in any application. Also (from the picture) you can see the two black stripes where the under-car mounting bracket would attach the pump.

So in short I would get the 69418. It's also pretty cheap at just over a hundred dollars.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        Or you can convert to a single intank Walbro for better performance for like $80 vs $300+
                        I've got an '86 325e with the dual pumps and am going to proactively replace them. Do you have specifics on the conversion? What pump did you buy? did you just replace the in tank pump and run a line where the second pump was? etc...

thanks in advance
                        Last edited by pdmjr1; 05-22-2017, 12:29 PM. Reason: better wording

Comment

I followed this thread and it has worked flawlessly. I found one piece reducers online but I didn't want to wait for shipping so I got the Dorman fittings from my local autoparts store to bypass the main pump.

To summarize what you're doing is deleting the main pump under the car, bypassing it with the Dorman fittings. Then replacing the intank low pressure pump with a high pressure Walbro pump. The problem with this is the submersible hose is a special reducer hose only designed for low pressure. It tends to split with the higher pressure of the Walbro. Some have brazed on a reducer pipe and run a new hose. Others have put a new hose in hot water to expand it to make one end fit over the larger tube. Both are great ideas. What I did though was install the new pump high enough to where to outlet was basically right at the inlet. Don't go too high though because you want to make sure the pick up is close to the original position. I then cut the stock hose shorter and used hose clamps on each end to secure it and help keep it from expanding and splitting under pressure. It has worked like a charm.

Stock low pressure reducer hose:

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                          X