No announcement yet.

Bumpers, bumpers, bumpers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking mudflaps at first too, I cut up an old BMW floor mat and was trying to get it positioned but I couldn't figure out a way to make it stay tight against the end of the valance....so now I'm going to make end caps .... if they don't turn out so pretty then at least I'll have something to screw the mud flaps to ;-)

Comment

Some Pictures of progress....made up some end caps and attached them ....more pictures comings soon
      Attached Files

Comment

Wait a second....youre not gonna cut it?

Sent from my Prism II using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by LJ851

And why is there a penis on your vent opposite your non racist duck tape?

Comment

Cut what?my car is an early with plastic bumpers so my bumper sits a little higher now then when it had a diving board . The valance sits about has low as my front lip ,although it kinda hard to tell while my cars all up on jack stands I think it should look good with skirts after its finally done It really required minor cutting... Fits alright ....heres some pictures of a mudflap mock-up I did to hide the gap between valance and fender :-P
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 4evere30; 03-24-2014, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Ah i see, well with the skirts it should all be even. Needs more paint ;)

Sent from my Prism II using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by LJ851

And why is there a penis on your vent opposite your non racist duck tape?

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
              Cabrios, be it pre or post 88 do not need major modifications, it's a bolt on scenario.

what you'll need to find it's a rear apron from Racing Dynamics or some other tuner to cover spare tire/muffler area

in about a week or so Im going to try coupe and baur rear euro bumpers on my 2/87 cabrio, will post follow-up.

here's the red 2/87 with plastic bumpers upgrade and RD rear apron as well as my 5/87 cabrio with M Tech 2 set-up...

full detailed rear plastic bumper swap for an E30 DB convertible in the link below. *NO* body mods, *NO* bumper mods except for 1 hole each side of the bumper carrier, not visible.

I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

What valence is this?

And can it be used for an 88 325ic?

Click image for larger version

Name:	euro chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	7169322

Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper euro front corner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	7169323

And does anyone have any idea where to source the parts? ;)

Comment

so after reading the first 10 pages of this thread I realize my dreams have been crushed, and without being a body tech or paying way too much money, I can't get an M Tech II body kit onto my 87 325is... luckily I got lucky this being my first e30 and my diving boards are already tucked and it doesn't look bad... guess I will have to deal until my car explodes and I buy a post 88 e30
                  87' 325is For Sale

Comment

I could read this thread 100 times and still be confused. Can someone tell me nicely if the plastic front bumper would be a direct bolt up to my 1987 325is? Would it have to be 09/1987 or later? I know the rear does not fit without modification. I still don't know what the difference is between the early and late front valance/air dam. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by E30newb6 View Post
                      I could read this thread 100 times and still be confused. Can someone tell me nicely if the plastic front bumper would be a direct bolt up to my 1987 325is? Would it have to be 09/1987 or later? I know the rear does not fit without modification. I still don't know what the difference is between the early and late front valance/air dam. Thanks
                      No. They're not 100% bolt up. This topic has been discussed thoroughly before.
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                        No. They're not 100% bolt up. This topic has been discussed thoroughly before.
                        Thanks. I've been so caught up in reading on this topic that I had 1987 on the brain because I saw somewhere that the change date was 09/1987. My car is a 1988. So If I wanted to do the swap what all would I need? Just the bumper covers, shocks and brackets or is the front actual bumper different too?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pietro View Post
                          And can it be used for an 88 325ic?

[ATTACH]88397[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]88398[/ATTACH]

And does anyone have any idea where to source the parts? ;)
                          That's a pre 1985 front end. From 85 or 86 the pre facelift valance and the lip were more like upright/vertical. Not "shark nosed" like that earliest style.
                          Where to source the parts? Your closest BMW-dealership? Except if they won't sell those in your side of the pond.. I just sold that exact lip to a friend for 5€ :).

Compare it to this. Each valance and lip are a pair, the bit later valance doesn't have an open section in it for feeding the radiator but the lip does..
                          Last edited by petrolhead; 06-08-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I bought a late model rear bumper today for my 1988 325i coupe and it came with the rear shocks and mounts for the shocks. Do I also need the sliders or can I just use the sliders already on my car?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bumper help

I have a 1985 and I was going to buy a mtech 2 body kit. Will they fit? And if they do, is it just much harder to put them on in comparison to 88+ models. Would my best bet be to just take it to a shop and have them do it?

Comment

Working...
                                X