Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a brand new set of Billy Sports that I didn't get to put on my E21.
    Any idea if I can use them on my 92 vert?

Comment

The Cabrio Suspension Thread

H&R sports 50406 coupe springs with e92 drop hats in the front. Stock shocks for now but considering KYB excel g Camaro shocks for rear and MR2 shocks for front.

Wheels are E32 Style 5s. 16x8 ET23 with Blox 18mm 5 lug adapters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1991 325i

Bilstein Sports
        H&R Sports 50406 (Coupe springs)
        All OEM pads in place.
        BBS Basketweaves 185/60/14 (Undersized tires)

I already ordered thicker 15mm spring pads for the rear. I would have loved to go lower but this is my first e30 so I want to drive it at a comfortable height before I lower it some more.

New wheels should be on this weekend. Going with OZ Vegas 195/50/16s all around for now until I refinish my RS001's. I'll post updated photos with wheels and spring pads.

Before & After

Last edited by Mike36; 04-20-2017, 01:24 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Vert springs wouldn't have been as low in the back. Will look nice once you get those pads in.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
            Vert springs wouldn't have been as low in the back. Will look nice once you get those pads in.
            Yeah I realized that after purchasing them. I got them pretty cheap so I didn't mind having to order thicker pads. Thank you sir.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey all,

my vert has all stock suspension. I just want to lower it a bit, for a more even drop. No tucking, just very little-no fender gap.

Anything else I need to get besides the Vert billys and the Vert HR sports t achieve this?

I know this has been beaten to death...just want to know what else I should buy in terms of e90 tophats and all that sort of stuff.

Comment

The Cabrio Suspension Thread

Originally posted by quanaman View Post
                Hey all,

my vert has all stock suspension. I just want to lower it a bit, for a more even drop. No tucking, just very little-no fender gap.

Anything else I need to get besides the Vert billys and the Vert HR sports t achieve this?

I know this has been beaten to death...just want to know what else I should buy in terms of e90 tophats and all that sort of stuff.

E90 drop hats if want to go even lower then the lowering front springs go, just get the springs and shock see how you like the height

Last edited by Mixedbyjairo; 05-09-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! This thread really helped.

Time to return the favor :)

Vogtland Coupe Springs, Bilstein Shocks, E90 drophats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                    I already ordered thicker 15mm spring pads for the rear. I would have loved to go lower but this is my first e30 so I want to drive it at a comfortable height before I lower it some more.
                    Where did you order the spring pads? I want to get some as well.

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                      Another tire & wheel size for those doing research. 15x8 ET20 Rota Grid Concave Full Royal Silver with 205/55/15 Kumho Ecsta 4xII tires on H&R Sport (convertible) springs, 15mm drop hats, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks.

Outside, before settling:

And after:

This is the 4th different wheel/tire combo on the same setup so if you scroll back you get a sense for how tire size and wheel specs impacts the overall appearance.
                      So it's been more than a year on this combo, if you are still on it. Does it rub at all? Your wheel wells look like they aren't rolled or stretched. I'm on the same size/offset tire/wheel at stock height. Wanna drop, but.... don't want to rub.
                      Thanks

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
                      89 e30 white vert
                      88 e30 Red vert
                      2003 330i sedan
                      2011 E93 335is
                      2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Originally posted by salvageland View Post
                        H&R sports 50406 coupe springs with e92 drop hats in the front. Stock shocks for now but considering KYB excel g Camaro shocks for rear and MR2 shocks for front.

Wheels are E32 Style 5s. 16x8 ET23 with Blox 18mm 5 lug adapters.

What size tried are those ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mixedbyjairo View Post
                          What size tried are those ?

195-45-16

Comment

Originally posted by BruceJ View Post
                            Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                            Another tire & wheel size for those doing research. 15x8 ET20 Rota Grid Concave Full Royal Silver with 205/55/15 Kumho Ecsta 4xII tires on H&R Sport (convertible) springs, 15mm drop hats, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks.

Outside, before settling:

And after:

This is the 4th different wheel/tire combo on the same setup so if you scroll back you get a sense for how tire size and wheel specs impacts the overall appearance.
                            So it's been more than a year on this combo, if you are still on it. Does it rub at all? Your wheel wells look like they aren't rolled or stretched. I'm on the same size/offset tire/wheel at stock height. Wanna drop, but.... don't want to rub.
                            Thanks
                            I am still on the Rota/Kumho wheels & tires and the H&R Sport/Bilstein Sport suspension. I also have UUC/SPC camber plates (to remedy a frame issue that was not apparent until I was already about $4-5K into this project so it was too late to start fresh on a cleaner chassis) and some unknown brand of aftermarket swaybars.

Having driven approximately 15K on everything ranging from D.C./NoVA surface roads, secondary streets, and highways to WV back roads and even gravel parking lots (ugh!), I am (knocks on wood) yet to tap my pan or to rub at full lock or during suspension compression, even when loaded with 2 adults & 2 children. And my fenders are not rolled or modified in any way. I have not even bottomed out, to the best of my knowledge, but the swaybar & spring/strut combo is slightly harsh. When I say slightly, I really mean slightly.

I have owned 42 cars, most of them modified. My last few DDs and projects have had suspension mods that range from benign to fairly comprehensive, and one thing that I have noticed is that stiffer swaybars are fine, or lowered, stiffer suspension is fine. But on every car where I do both sways and springs/struts, I find it to be a bit harsh. I bought this car on coilovers (I did not like them, though they were actually pretty comfortable) and the aftermarket sways, but I swapped in the H&Rs/Bilsteins, all before actually putting the car on the road.

All that said, I have sourced a stock convertible swaybar set and will be playing with taking one and/or the other back to stock to see if that helps with the harshness. I really liked the H&R Sport/Bilstein combo in 2 previous E30s but both were on stock sways (one was a sedan on a 'very FSB and an ix RSB) and rode better than the convertible above.

But back to your original question...no rub and no bottoming out.
                            Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

One more question for you, I swapped out my steering rack for a Z3. Ever since my steering has felt light. Especially at highway speeds. Do you see the same thing?

Glad to hear no rubbing or bottoming. With 8" wide wheels I was a little worried. I didn't see a single e30 at the Vintage, besides mine, with anything wider than 7.5". I tracked down every one to see who was running what.
                              Maybe one or two were slammed. But I think they were on air. That's way beyond what I want for a cruiser.
                              For now I'm gonna see what happens with the springs and tophats. My camber is at 0.2-0.3 right now. If it doesn't go any worse than 1.5, maybe I'll leave it. I just put Monroe struts/shocks in so I'll see what happens. I've had a skid plate waiting in the garage for a while.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
                              89 e30 white vert
                              88 e30 Red vert
                              2003 330i sedan
                              2011 E93 335is
                              2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Help !! Bilstein B8\eibach pro-kit\e90 drop hats

Hi i need some helps i just install bilstein b8 eibach pro kit + e90 drop hats...i dont see my car lowering has much! The seller told me i have to wait 1000 km to see the results..any ideas ??

Comment

Working...
                                X