Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a rollcage for E30

Hi!
    I'm looking for a rollcage for my E30 M3...
    Something like:

- Bolt-in cage (Welded reinforcement plates is a plus)
    - X-bar in the rear. Harnes bar is a plus
    - Follows the A-pillars and penetrates the dash

I think Safety Devices is the way to go... but I'm looking for other options.
    And first of all; Looking for PICTURES and examples of this. If anyone got pictures of a bolt-in cage in an E30, please put them here.
    Eiter Safety Devices, Heigo, OMP, Sparco etc.

BTW; Where can I order the Safety Devices cages online?

Thanks a lot :)
    Last edited by Lars; 11-03-2008, 12:30 PM.
    '86 BMW E30 M3 (S50B30 Euro)
    '92 Ford Sierra Cosworth
    '82 VW Golf mk1 (16V GTI Turbo project)

Originally posted by Lars View Post
    BTW; Where can I order the Safety Devices cages online?

Thanks a lot :)
    A good place to start would be here: http://www.safetydevices.com/ - you know, .. their website.

anyways, rather than posting the question, 'looking for roll cage fo e30' you should pose this question instead 'seeking welder to make me cage for e30'
    Don't mess around with some cheap bolt-in cage - get someone you know or use craigslist to find someone who can weld and have them make you a cage. You will not spend much more, and it will be 10x better. On the other hand, for bolt in cages I heard good things from people who have installed safety devices cages (unless into 4 door e30).

and remember, when in doubt - type companies name into google search..
    Last edited by ethirtydavid; 11-03-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

i spy an E30.
      Originally posted by e30e
      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtydavid View Post
        A good place to start would be here: http://www.safetydevices.com/ - you know, .. their website.

anyways, rather than posting the question, 'looking for roll cage fo e30' you should pose this question instead 'seeking welder to make me cage for e30'
        Don't mess around with some cheap bolt-in cage - get someone you know or use craigslist to find someone who can weld and have them make you a cage. You will not spend much more, and it will be 10x better. On the other hand, for bolt in cages I heard good things from people who have installed safety devices cages (unless into 4 door e30).

and remember, when in doubt - type companies name into google search..
        I've been to their website, and dealer site, but I didn't find any good. Of course, something, but not good ;)
        I don't need to seek a welder, I am one myself... but in this case, I want a bolt-in cage IF I may turn the car into a street car again. Of course, I can make myself a bolt-in cage, welding the cage, reinforcement plates, and bolt it up... but that's not what I planned to do at the moment :)

Heard some great things about Safety Devices, so I guess it's not that bad at all...
        The cage I posted pics up ahead looks great, the only thing is that it goes on the outside of the dash, and you can't get this 6-point model that penetrates the dash instead :(
        '92 Ford Sierra Cosworth

Comment

I have a Kirk Cage, and it doesn't go through the dash, fit is decent. It was cheap. VSR is supposed to be really nice.
          '89 325i track sloot
          '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

i wonder what this would look like in a vert haha
            AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Why are you bent on penetrating the dash?
              '89 325i track sloot
              '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

because I don't want the cage bars in front of the dash... easy enough ;)
                Need to save all space that's possible. And I don't like the look of it...
                '92 Ford Sierra Cosworth

Comment

Working...
                X