The Beginning: My Euro/M-Tech 1 Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beginning: My Euro/M-Tech 1 Conversion

I love looking at the project threads here, so I thought I would begin mine. I don't have any progress right now, but starting this month I am going to be changing my 325es. I have a TON of stuff to do on the car before the big E30 Picnic, where the final product will be unveiled. Hold with me as I list all the modifications I have to do in the next year or so:
    • Euro Bumpers
    • M-Tech 1 Kit (Bumpers, Skirts, Spoiler)
    • Euroweaves
    • Smiley Headlights
    • Euro Grills
    • M-Tech Door Sill
    • New Tires (Preferably 205 or 215 width)
    • H&R Sport Springs
    • Bilstein Sport Shocks
    • Straight Pipes (The Sound is Godly)
    • Last but not least...Diamanschwarz Metallic Paint Job (The Original Color)

So there is a lot to do, as you could see. Haha. I don't even know where to start, to be quite honest. I think I am going to lower it, get euro grills and smileys, and work my way from there. Paint job is last, and I don't know if that will be done by the picnic (maybe it will, though!). I am attaching a couple pictures of my car on the thread to show you what my base is. It has houndstooth interior with sport seats :) It will make the final product a little cooler with the rare seats, I think. Hope you like what it will become!

That houndstooth makes me jealous

Comment

Very nice!
      Instagram:@e30_henry :D

Comment

Nice plan, that car looks super clean to start with! How much of the parts do you already have?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

If it were me, I would buy a less perfect car to convert. This one looks so nice the way it is.
          Yours truly,
          Rich
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Rigmaster
          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Houndstooth gets people jelly....

I'm jelly. Will look great with the mt1 kit
            Current:
            1989 325i
            1988 M3
            1987 325ic
            Past:
            2001 330ci
            2001 M3

Comment

Can't wait to see the progress.
              84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

great base. I love the seats the final product should be awesome

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I have a used mt1 rear apron sitting in a box ready to ship fyi.
                  84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

So clean. Will look amazing once those horrible bumpers are in the bin.

Comment

Pretty clean looking car to start with! Should look fantastic with your list of upgrades.

Comment

Haha I am still trying to get money for parts. I am buying things very soon, starting this coming week.

Also, I am PMing you about the M-Tech 1 rear valence. I may be interested in this very soon! The sooner the better. :)

Comment

Clean, good diving board iS / eS cars are disappearing...I don't see a reason to go MT1.
                          - Frank
                          '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                          http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                          Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

looks pretty clean to me..even if it is stock ride height I would say leave it as is. Spend money on motor, suspension, bushings
                            Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Comment

I've been contemplating that, with a lot of people mentioning it. I understand that the actual car is rare in itself, being bone dry stock. I don't exactly intend to sell any of my stock parts for that reason alone - if I ever decided to go back I would want the original gear. God knows how hard it will be to find that later on, I can't even imagine. I know an M-Tech 1 E30 is my dream car, though. I have been picturing it too long. So for everyone that wants me to keep it as it, don't worry - I'm not getting rid of parts :) I still have the stock grills and mudflaps, I keep everything. At least it will be a original look and not a stance look lol. I hate stance.

I have a rear valence coming my way! So for now I am looking for a front valence and side skirts. Spoiler, too, why not! Please let me know if anyone has anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X