wide band o2 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wide band o2 question

I dyno'ed the other day and was running really rich. The guy there said I should get a muffler shop to put a bung on my exhaust so I can add a wide band o2 sensor and AFR gauge. I have seen conversion kits for our existing o2 sensor. Which way is best? Price difference?
    '90 325is

I'd be interested in this as well.
    -------------------------------------------------
    1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
    2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

I looked into this a while back also, some people were sucessful some weren't. I'd just add a bung to the exhaust and run a seperate wideband and call it a day (read the directions, should be mounted towards the top for longer life and some recommend using a heat sink also).

Comment

I too run 2 sensors- it's just easier, after you get bunged up.
        And if the WB fails, the car's still fine.

And you can put the WB sensor after the 'collector' so you read both banks.

What I did anyway,

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Wideband will tell you how rich, but it will do nothing different if your computer is stock.

Is your current O2 in need of replacement?

Fix the rich problem before spending money on gadgets. I love what widebands can do, but the stock computer can not make use of the information, so it's a waste so far as fixing the rich condition is concerned.

Comment

Current o2 is fine. I just need to troubleshoot my lean problems. So I guess I'd rather hook up a gauge for afr than pay $75 for the dyno shop to tell me I'm still lean. Turbo in my future too...or so I can dream.

Helpful feedback I think I will do it and call it a day. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
            '90 325is

Comment

Are you able to program your own chip? Or aftermarket management? I'm a fan of the Megasquirt, and that will make full use of a wideband.

Comment

I was going to look into programming my own chip someday but may just go with Megasquirt when I go turbo. For now it would just be for the afr gauge.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
                '90 325is

Comment

Working...
                X