No announcement yet.

Cheap/Basic M42 Mods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a power mod per se but I removed about 125-150 lbs of sound deadening, power steering, and a/c components. I don't remember the specifics since it was about 8 years ago that I threw everything on the scale and I seem to have lost the numbers. All of that and had a full factory interior, until I had a water leak. now it has no carpet so I just lost even more weight (about 40 lbs) :devil:

I also had the Proformance chip but it kept giving me a pesky check engine light on the freeway in 5th gear under light load going up a slight incline. Now I have the Mark D chip. Mark D has a more even power band and smoother idle and no more cel, and the Proformance felt like an N/A turbo at 3500-4200rpm. Definitely worth the money for a chip.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
      If you have already got a chip, the next step would be to advance your intake cam 3 deg and retard your exhaust 2-3 deg.

puts the power in the middle, and it continues to the top. otherwise youll have to start looking for some regrinds, or Schricks
      300 for rerginds 700 for scrhicks
      Do you have any data to back up that valve timing setup?
      I want to tweak my race car, and need power from 5000-7000.

Thanks
      Rob
      E30 short track oval race car
      2001 X5 4.4

Comment

If you want a cam that hits at 5k, I'm selling a reground intake on m42club.com I'd sell it here but I refuse to start some stupid Panjo account. The idle quality isn't the best but for a race car it won't matter. PM me here or at m42club.
        Last edited by benz-tech; 03-02-2017, 11:09 PM.
        You say "Where are your other two cylinders?"
        I say "Where's your other camshaft?"
        Frankenmotor: if an M42, M44, M20, S50, and S52 were to have a kid.

Comment

Working...
        X