MS2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS2 questions

Ive been doing some reading on this and want a r3v opinion. Im wanting to get it for the better more up to date tune for both more power and economy. Later on when i drop a turbo built motor into the car then it will be retuned for the turbo motor. But as it sits I just want to know of any estimated gains if any on a stock motor with a M30 throttle body ( also going on the turbo motor ). I understand i can use a IAT sensor for the intake so that in itself is way less restrictive. As it sits the motor is in pieces and will be heading to aims machine shop here in a week or so. So i want to get my information correct on what can be gaiend if any in the first place.

I say again the motor will be stock with a M30 throttle body

Later on when i can throw money at the car left and right its getting a turbo motor.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

I don't have much to contribute concerning your specific motor setup, but I'll just say that with megasquirt I made more power under the curve (better driveability) and also trapped nearly 9mph faster in the 1/4 mile--72mph to 80.5mph. The M10 now drives as if it should have from the factory. It made 93whp/90ft-lbs with a full factory motor with no AFM, a cat-back exhaust, a conservative street tune, and probably about 300,000 miles on the engine.

Once you get a base N/A tune, you can add power mods and tune accordingly. I'm planning to go turbo if I don't sell my car, and it would be very simple to do so from a software perspective.
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Working...
    X