Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benz-tech View Post
    S32 33mm buckets, cam bridges.
    Did you do this yourself? Care to point the way to any DIY that you might have used?

Originally posted by benz-tech View Post
    Dyno max 20" muffler that got buzzy after the first month- thumbs down. Wanting to try the 20" 5x8 magnaflow.
    Even the Magnaflow will get buzzy/louder over a short time frame. You could cut your Dynomax open and re-pack it with Bristol Core Spec 31 packing. I'm about to do my Magnaflow as well as the Coast Fab muffler that's under the car.

Comment

What did it dyno?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
        Did you do this yourself? Care to point the way to any DIY
        The intake cam is straight-forward, just cut the two rear cylinders off. I experimented with the exh. Not happy with the welding and belt-sanding method from YouTube, I opted to use the front journal off the m42 tray and cut off the s52 front journal. It does leave the front bucket in-supported but really it doesn't really do much anyway. Two years and 30,000 miles later I've had no issues. Granted, it only sees 7k maybe once a day since it is just my dd. So I essentially have a 2-piece exh cam tray. I left the material there to weld the 2 together if I ever ever felt the need. I think that would be the absolute best method.

Never got around to putting it on the dyno. I'm happy with the results tho. another e30 owner drove it and said it's almost as strong as his 2.7i with a cam.
        Def not a slouch.
        You say "Where are your other two cylinders?"
        I say "Where's your other camshaft?"
        Frankenmotor: if an M42, M44, M20, S50, and S52 were to have a kid.

Comment

Working...
        X